2 • obsessed much

Two days later there's a knock on your door, snapping you out of your daze. Your gaze shifts from the window to the opening door, watching as All Might enters the room, dragging along his IV drip as he lips inside.

"I heard you're in this hospital after I woke up and came to visit." He stops beside your bed, smiling down at you despite his many injuries. "How are you?" You scoff at his question, averting your eyes to look back out the window. It's a beautiful day, the sun is shining and barely any clouds are blocking the warm sunlight shining down onto earth. "I'm not actually injured. I pretended so I would get taken to the hospital. Medical attention always comes first before an arrest." The man sighs, groaning due to his injured body.

You shift and stand up from your bed, pointing at All Might "Sit. I'm not wounded and you clearly need to rest more than me." He accepts with little hesitation, exhaustion taking over his body, making him agree with your statement. "May I ask why you asked for immunity from the law?" While you stand, leaning against the window the conversation continues, the sunrays shining into your face. "First of all. I'm not a villain or anything. But I do shady business that might get me in trouble from time to time." Immediately the mood shifts and All Might's gaze hardens. With the man glaring into the side of your head, you sigh. "It's not organized crime. I have an employer and everything. But until he's here the feds want to detain me, and I can't let that happen." The tension subsides and All Might calms at your explanation.

"What do you do then?"

"You wouldn't believe me if I told you."

The man sighs and you turn to face him "I'm serious. You would think I'm crazy." But All Might doesn't waver, asking again. "I promise to have an open mind." And so you end up caving in, hanging your head for a second to collect your thoughts.

"I'm a sorcerer and I exorcize curses. And, well, sometimes I kill other sorcerers. And before you want to interrupt." You hold your hands to stop him from speaking before you can finish "Sorcerers that lost their way and succumb to evil have to be purged. Unlike your average villain, sorcerers and sorcery have unlimited power. If the wrong person goes rogue the entirety of the country could be in danger." The hero stays silent. All Might takes his time to comprehend your words. For a normal person, this whole ordeal about invisible enemies might be hard to believe, you're very much aware of that.

"I don't have a quirk. The thing I did back then, that was my cursed technique."

"You don't have a quirk?"

Nodding you confirm. "So you're saying you can see ghosts?" Shaking your head you take a breath to elaborate "They're curses. Modern media likes to portray them as so-called demons. But to us sorcerers, they're curses." He goes quiet again. "I know it's hard to believe something you can't see, but being a sorcerer is an official job title. My employer will explain more once he's here." The conversation dies from there.

While All Might sits in your bed, thinking over your story, you stay by the window, looking outside and watching as birds fly through the cloudless blue sky. You always hated the colour blue, but something about the shade of the sky gives you a sense of freedom. The complete opposite of what the colour would usually make you feel. Blue is the colour of the Gojo clan, the colour of your parents' eyes. The colour that your eyes failed to be. There were times you wished to have been born with blue eyes or white hair, anything to look remotely like the rest of the higher-ups, even slightly like Satoru. But over the years you came to hate the colour instead and with the help of your old teacher, you even came to like your black hair and eyes, finding comfort by staring into the endless darkness of your own irises.

There's another knock. "That must be your superior." And while you would like to believe that as well, the presence on the other side of the door already makes rage boil up inside of you.