❝𝐁𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐧𝐞𝐰𝐬: 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐧 𝐢𝐬 𝐰𝐞𝐢𝐫𝐝. 𝐌𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐭 𝟏𝟏.❞

Start from the beginning

The staring kept going on even during class, and it seemed to be so obvious that Wendy, surprisingly as she is not one to not follow the rules and use her phone, had texted you asking if everything was okay.

Due to her past relationship with him, she wasn't pleased with him staring at someone she cared about, especially if he showed any interest in one of her friends or you, her best friend. She didn't hate the guy, she just... wasn't comfortable with the idea of him being interested in you, or the other girls, obviously, but mainly you.

You had replied to her text by saying that everything was okay and that you knew he was just trying to find a way to somehow thank you for beating up his dad.

The look on her face once she read the text was hilarious and it took all of the strength you had in your body to refrain from laughing out loud, you even laid your head on the desk, arms around it, and tried to hide even the tiniest laugh that way.

She looked at you with a perplexed expression, mouthing a 'what the hell'. You pointed to your phone in response and explained a bit of the situation to her via text.

She refrained from facepalming at the kind of situation you put yourself in just to help Cartman with his hero franchise, and just sighed, shaking her head.

Whatever, she was going to help you anyway if things got weird or you needed her, regardless of how weird the situations you would end up in happened to be.

Notification of a new message from the girls' chatgroup soon distracted the both of you from your private conversation.

The one to initiate the conversation was Bebe, she had noticed the two of you were texting and decided it would be a good time to get all the girls on their phones, telling you she had your new costume ready and it was in her locker. At least, that's what you thought she said in between her spam of heart emojis, sparkles and rainbows.

The other girls joined the conversation soon, sending various replies, varying from eagerness to see it completed and on you, you had just been forced to promise them you'd send them a picture of you wearing it after you got home to someone still saying how fingerless gloves would've been a better choice for you.

Scanning the names of everyone who kept sending messages, you noticed someone seemed to be missing. You looked around the class, looking for a certain buns-wearing girl, only to find her staring at Mr Garrison writing on the blackboard with a tiny frown on her face, sometimes glancing at her phone to look at the notifications, then glancing straight back towards the professor. Had something happened to her?

A pop-up appeared on your phone's screen. Your power had decided to settle for showing itself on your phone if others were around.

➤𝐅𝐋𝐀𝐒𝐇 𝐈𝐍𝐅𝐎: In case you were wondering, her father was arrested by the police yesterday. The police framed him and got Dovah to arrest him as part of a 'secret' police operation of sorts. She hasn't told the girls yet, and I don't know if she really wants to at all.

You really hated South Park's police with a passion. One day they'll admit they're nothing more than racist scum, and if they won't do it themselves, you'll have to force them to.

You tapped out of the girls' group chat and started a private conversation with Nichole. You typed out two short messages and sent them. They weren't much, but you thought sending long paragraphs of hate towards the police and even more paragraphs about how sorry you were about what happened to her weren't really what she needed to hear right now.

You kept your eyes on her, watching intently as she noticed the notification with your name on it and tapped on it, clearly surprised you had texted her privately.