Chapter 30 - I Love You

"Bella! You, you're here? Really here. You uh, I, what am I saying?" I stood up immediately almost knocking out the chair. She stayed put, with the smirk still on her face. I was speechless seeing her face. After all this time, I finally got the chance to see her again. But I wasn't sure if I should come close to her, whether I should kiss her or hug her, because what if she is still angry at me?

"I knew that the dress would look good on you, y/n," she spoke, reminding me of that sultry, seductive voice I have missed. She was eyeing me, looking up and down. As her eyes met mine, she gave that same smirk again, making me flustered.

"Cat got your tongue, love?" she raised her eyebrows briefly as she tilt her head. I want to get closer to her because I missed her so much, and I just want her hands all over me but I'm scared that she doesn't feel the same way as I am.

"No, I mean, yes. Only because, I just can't believe that you are here. Is this not a dream? Wait, you mean this dress, it was from you?" I curiously asked her. She raised her eyebrows and got a little closer to me but not too close seeing that there was still some space between us.

"Well, what do you think? Who else would have sent you this?" she motioned her hands, showing the beautiful dress. I gather the courage in my bones and tried to walk closer, but somehow my legs gave out and I fell to the floor. In a way, it did work for us to get closer to each other, as I fell, she rushed over to me making sure I'm okay. The warm hands I feel when she touches me – touches my leg to see if it's okay, reminded me of all the memories that happened between us. I want to cry but I don't want to do it in front of her. But knowing that I cried before she revealed herself, she brought her hands to my face to wipe my tears. Now her hands cupping my face, I look up at her and eventually fell into sadness.

"I'm sorry, did I do something? I'll go if you want me to," the involuntary cry took her by surprise that she willingly would go but hearing those last words come out of her mouth made me grab her hands that instant.

"Please don't. I want you here. Please?" I begged her, looking into her dark eyes, I drowned myself in the depth of her beautiful eyes. So, she stayed, then helped me up and sat me down on the bed. But I could see that she was unsure of what to do too. She stood in front of me, asking me about the dance. I kept my mouth shut, but I think she got the idea of the dance being horrible because how I didn't want to talk about it, so, she sat down next to me. Yet, it was still awkward – it's funny knowing that we actually had spent some time together under the sheets but now it's like back to square one as if we don't know each other.

"How are you, love?" she cuts the awkwardness and asked, but when I turned to look at her, she wasn't looking at me. I never thought of her as this type of scared person, because she's known to be so feared by people even by her own nephew.

"Uh, I think I'm alright. My legs are fine too." I made a joke to ease the tension, then I chuckled softly which she joined in. Oh, listening to her soft laughter even for a slight moment makes me smile. Again, the room filled with nothing but silence.

"Can I ask you something, Bella?"

"Of course, you can" I finally see her eyes again as she raised her head to look at me.

"Well, I have so many questions. Like how on earth did Rave listen to you, because for all I know she's a pretty stubborn owl, she takes time to get used to some people. But you got her to send me the package. Second, how did you know I was going to the dance? I mean, reading the letters that Narcissa sent to Draco, she said that you are not at home, almost in all of her letters, she said that. And this dress – it's beautiful. It was a surprise to me, not just me, but the other girls were surprised by it too. They kept saying I have a secret boyfriend or something. But I just can't stop wondering, how you knew about me going to the dance." I asked her with a confused tone.