Chapter 8 - Growing in Love

"Y/n, are you okay? You zoned out a little while." She asked. I shake my head into reality and smiled awkwardly to her.
"I should go now. You take care darling." She hooked some of my hair that covers my face behind my ear and winked. She began to walk out the room and pushes one of the house elves that were trying to enter the room. It dropped the tray full of crackers, I believe. She walked out and laughed at the elf. As it was clear of her, no sign of Bellatrix there, I quickly went to the elf and help him.
"Oh Miss y/l/n, you don't have to help me." I shake my head, and continued to help.
"My goodness, what happened in here?" Narcissa walked in. I was already finished with helping so I stood up and rubbed the crackers bits that were on my hand.
"Nothing, uh he fell over and tripped. So I'm just helping him." I smiled. She tilts her head and gave me an "are you sure" look.
"I'm telling the truth here, trust me." I said while raising both my hands above. She chuckled at my gesture. The elf then put the tray on top of a table.

"So, have you already got the time to read the book?" she asked me while walking towards the sofa.
"No. I haven't, not just yet." I walked behind her.
"Was my sister in here with you? what did both of you talked about, if you don't mind me asking." She asked. I thought to myself, questioning whether I should tell her or not.
"Nothing much, we talked about the weather." She giggled a little upon hearing the last sentences.
"Really? She talked about weather?" I chuckled softly and she continued,
"My sister? Talking about weather, that's something I should see" She shook her head. "Well, I wish I can accompany you today. I mean if you want to" I look into her eyes and smiled. "Did she asked me, if its okay with her being together with me. Um, are you kidding me, of course I would want to." I said to myself. I smiled and said,
"I would be delighted." We then sat down comfortably next to each other.

We were talking about stuff and laughed at jokes, to be exact laughing at my lame jokes. At this point I didn't realize that the time went by so fast that it was nighttime. The smile she gave me was so beautiful, it was amazing to actually have this chance getting to know her more in detail. We talked and talked that we didn't notice if Draco or anyone even walked in the room. 

"Merlin's beard, look at the time. It's night already and I haven't started dinner." She stood up and seems flustered. "Oh what am I talking about? It's actually just you, Draco and I in this house now."
"What do you mean by that?" I asked her.
"My husband and my sister are out, as I recalled earlier from their conversation at lunch. I guess you didn't hear about it?" She said while still standing in front of me.
"No, I didn't. I was daydreaming when you were talking. Sorry." I laughed nervously.
"That's okay. Can you please get Draco for me?" She looked at me with a faint 'puppy-eyes look'. With that look, of course I would.
"S- Sure. I'll go get him now." I stood up and walked outside the room.

I walked up the stairs and straight down the corridor, and at the same time I had the idea of wanting to read the book that Narcissa gave me. So I took a little detour and went to my room. Seeing that the book was still at the exact place I had left it, I grabbed it and went out. Again, I opened the book cover and smiled at the little message she wrote on the first page. Now I'm walking through the corridor that I went through earlier and towards his bedroom door. I knocked on his door and called out his name. No reply. I banged the door even louder than before. Still no answer.
"Whatever you're doing in there, you better have a good reason for not opening this door Draco." I raised my tone of voice a little and yet still, he didn't respond back.
"Draco, don't make me use a spell to unlock your door. I'm giving one more chance before I do so." I banged it again.
"Okay, you asked for this. I'm unlocking it by myself now." I said, at the same time I was reaching for my wand in my pocket. I aimed the tip of my wand to the door knob,
"I'm gonna open it now." As I took my breath before casting the spell, I hear the door rattles as he unlocks it from inside. He opened the door with an annoyed look on his face.
"What do you want y/n?" I gave him an insincere smile.
"Your mother is calling for you. She asked me to get you downstairs." He grunts with annoyance. I looked into his eyes with a straight-no-emotion face.
"Fine. I'll go" he walks out while closing the door behind him. I followed him, walking side by side now. I asked him what he was doing in his room and somehow it triggers him that he stops walking.
"Oh my god y/n. Can't I have my own privacy in my own house?" He said at the same time he was shaking his head.
"What, I was just curious. Took you so long to open the damn door, you must be doing something." I squint my eyes and raised my eyebrow. He shakes his head and continued walking but with faster pace this time. We walked downstairs and Draco finds his mother in the dining room. On the other hand, I walked inside the living room by myself with the book in my hand. Not long after that, he called my name out from the dining room. More like yelling my name if you asked me. I went and see what the commotion is about.
"My mom told me to ask you if you wanted dinner?" He asked.
"I'm actually still feeling full after the lunch so I would say no?" I hesitated to say no because Narcissa is in the kitchen and she could be throwing something out with her wand to make dinner.
"You sure? because I told my mom that we didn't want dinner."
"And what did your mom said?" I asked him, furrowing my eyebrows.
"Nothing, I mean she's fine with it. She's basically used to it by now. I usually don't eat dinner."
"Yeah right. And for what? to keep yourself "fit"?" I mocked him while doing the air quotes and letting a little laugh escaped my mouth.
"For your information, I am getting myself fit." He smiled proudly.
"Oh yeah sure, you're doing all that probably to impress Pansy. I just knew it. Am I right?" And that moment, Narcissa walked in the dining room.
"Oh, who's Pansy?" Draco jumped because he didn't realize that his mother was behind him.
"Mom, you gave me a fright."
"I gave you a fright? You two kids.." She said while shaking her head. 

Draco smiled and kissed his mother on the cheeks and said good night to her. After he went out the room, it was quiet for a brief moment and I cut the tension with a question to Narcissa.
"Can I ask something?"
"Sure, of course you can."
"Is it okay with you if I stayed down here a little?" I asked her with a faint smile. I can see that she was a little worried. "Just to read the book you lend me. I know I have the room but somehow I just want to read it in the living room. Well, only if it's okay with you." I clasped my hands together, hoping she'd be okay with it. Eventually she nodded her head yes.
"But make sure you have some sleep after you read. I don't want you to be tired tomorrow in the morning." I held my hands up and gave her two thumbs up which after doing that, I feel embarrassed with the stupidity that she just encountered. She walked outside and I went back into the living room, lifting the book that I left earlier on the sofa when Draco yelled for my name. I opened the book, and immediately read through the first few pages. After a while, Narcissa came in with a blanket in her hands.
"I just thought you might get cold in here, it's winter after all. So I brought you this." She gestured to the blanket. "Here, to keep yourself warm." I smiled at her thinking "This is so sweet. I could cry right now but nope, I won't"
"Don't forget to get a good sleep alright?" She reminded me.
"Yes, of course. I'll try to remember that. Thank you." She walked slowly out the room. But before that she turned around and said, "Sleep well y/n." I answered back and wished her the same thing in return. 

So I sat myself on the sofa, continuing to read the book. Didn't realize what time it was, I kept diving into the storyline of the book. I put my legs up the sofa and made myself comfy but I wasn't using the blanket just yet. The sound of the old grandfather clock that was just outside the room chimed, telling me it was 12 midnight already. Still I carry on with the book up until I heard someone coming there, more like apparated into the house. I quickly lay down, closed the book. As I heard the sound of people walking I took a little glance and saw it was Mr Malfoy and Bellatrix. Both of them walking together and talking, then Mr Malfoy seemed to be a little upset but I see Bellatrix being unphased with the situation. At the same time, I'm realizing myself that she is so gorgeous even at dark, with only little light reflecting off of her, she looks like a goddess to me. I heard steps going up, I didn't see Mr Malfoy anymore and I see that Bellatrix was alone. And at the wrong timing, my brain is telling me that I had to clear my throat and so I did it quietly but apparently it wasn't quiet enough because she turned herself around. Straight away I pretended like I was asleep. I can hear that she is walking towards me by the second. I felt warmth afterwards, she covered me with the blanket Narcissa brought for me. I hear her saying something in a soft tone,
"Good night, y/n darling." After she said that, I can feel her stroking her fingers just smoothly moving on my cheek. This was the first time I realized that I actually do starting to grow my love for her.

*a/n: hey my lovelies, so sorry for the long awaited update. i was held up with assignments and crazy stuffs at home. i have some hard time with my mental health and felt unwell at some point so i had to take care of myself before i update anything. well i hope you enjoy this chapter, and hope you like reading this. so far, i hope that you are having fun with the book and everything. thank you so much for supporting this book, voting and commenting on it. love yall so so much! have a great day or night wherever you are. also, of course, take care and stay safe <33