Chapter 27 - No Date, No Dance

We got to the common room safely, and she hugged me before she walked away. But before she does, she turned and said,

"Do you want me to say something to Bella? I hate to see you like this, who knows a little message from you might change her mind?" my eyes lit up with the hope that this could be a way for me to again ask for forgiveness from Bella. But then it felt wrong to me.

"No, it's fine. I think. She'll come around, hopefully. I don't want to seem so desperate or something. Maybe I will use this time to just, I don't know, relax perhaps?" I said as I raised my shoulders. Again, she hugged me and waved goodbye as she walked out the door. I stood there in the middle of the common room, alone. I went up to my room and stayed there until dinner time.

Now, weeks have gone by; I still haven't heard anything from Bella. Although yesterday, at breakfast during mail time, Narcissa had sent a letter to both of us. I usually rarely receive any mail, so when it's mail day, and I got one – that is a shocker. The letter reads,

"Dear Y/n,

I hope you are feeling better after our small talk that day. I am writing you this letter to tell you that Bella hasn't returned from her 'thing' that she has to settle. But do not worry, I know my sister, and she will be okay. I just wished I had the chance to say something to Bella, just so you could feel better. Anyway, please enjoy this little care package I prepared and packed for you, and also one for Draco.

p.s. could you be a doll and keep an eye on Draco, I heard he had done some mischief last week.

Love, Narcissa Malfoy."

Oh, how my heart just warms with the letter she gave me. But it was funny too because when I told Draco that his mother had sent me a letter, he was a bit curious. But all I mentioned to him was that the letter is just saying about the care package she gave.

It is now a brand-new day, and I was feeling better than before. Although I do still feel sad because I am just worried about Bella. So, I went to classes and was feeling high with anticipation in every class. I almost forgot that it was close to the annual Hogwarts dance, so every student has gone on a quest to look for a date. Draco already has one, in fact, he has too many invites that made Pansy jealous.

"Shit. Another girl, Draco?" I teased him as the girl who asked Draco walked away from our spot during lunch. Blaise hit him right on his arm, praising him as we laughed, and then Draco walked out of the hall for a moment to meet with the girl. I'm guessing it was for her number. But as I turned to look at Pansy, I could see that she was annoyed at all the other girls.

"Uh, Pansy, are you okay?" she looked me straight in the eyes and said no. Blaise on the other hand was holding onto his laugh, biting his cheeks to stop him from smiling.

"No, I am not fine. You guys know that I wanted to ask Draco out for the dance, and had asked him that. But no, the other girls had to steal him away from me," she scoffed. The last sentence she said made Blaise burst into laughter, which made me laugh too. She got mad, she threw some of her food off her plate and onto us.

"Sorry, sorry. We're just kidding, we know that you already asked him out, so did he say yes or what? But, don't you think you're a bit too jealous about this whole thing? you know with the other girls asking him out" I asked her as I sweep the food off my robe and my side of the table. She rolled her eyes at us. Draco came back feeling happy, he sat down next to Pansy, and simply asked what happened. We didn't say anything but then Pansy said,

"Have you made a decision?" she looked at him with an almost puppy-eyed look, and with a slightly girly tone of voice which made me nudge Blaise just so he could see it too. He snorted, then sprayed a little drink out of his mouth and on himself which made me laugh hard. She realized that we were laughing at her, so she gave us a look that is so serious but we both could not take it seriously and laugh even more.