They were clearly suspicious of her for some reason, but it honestly didn't matter what it was. She couldn't turn back now. She couldn't guarantee the information would still be here if she were to leave. She might not be safe the next she came. The Aarakocra bartender made his over to me with an ale in hand. I placed ten gold pieces on the table.

"I would like the grand suite room please," I said.

The bartender took one of the gold pieces inspecting them. Satisfied, he swept the remaining pieces placing them in his pocket.

"The room is ready for you," he responded as motioned towards the room upstairs. She nodded in her response and took a long drink of the ale. Despite it being a while since she last drank, the ale went down smoothly. It gave her more peace than the fancy champagne that would be served at high-end courts with ignorant socialites. She was thankful now though that her past connections still held up. She needed this information to tie up one final loose end.

"Then I can be free with no worries," she thought as she ascended the stairs. That same pair of brown eyes followed her up the stairs. They couldn't see but Athena's eyes also were locked onto theirs. She couldn't help to notice the different hues of brown in them, almost drawing her in. She shook off the distraction, her real objective behind the large wooden door.

She pressed her ear against the door. She could hear a soft muttering from inside but then the sound of what she deciphered to be a spell ending. She twisted the knob and walked into the room. The human male she was looking for sat at a large wooden desk with numerous trinkets. He had a paper and quail before on the desk with scribbles and numbers scrawled about. He looked up from his work as she closed the door.

"My, my...who do I owe the pleasure for this visit?" he asked, sitting up straight, pushing his shoulder-length brown hair back behind him.

"I'm looking for a client of yours," she simply stated.

"Straight to the point I see. Most people sweet-talk with me for a bit before requesting my services. At least introduce themselves and show their faces to me."

She grabbed a pouch from her side and tossed it onto the table. A few of the gold coins spill out from the bag.

"How about we skip the pleasantries." Athena didn't want to waste any time while he still walking about. She didn't want to know if he was spilling her secrets at this very second. The man opens the rest of the pouch looking inside spotting more gold coins inside the bag. As he was mentally counting the coins, Athena spotted a small insect flying around the room. It made its way over to the desk, flying down gently onto the wood. She snapped her attention back to the man before her with the sound of the bag being tied up and placed on the desk Seemingly satisfied, he looked up with a smirk at her.

"Who precisely are looking for my dear?"

"Maxwell Boeith."

He recoiled at the sound of the name. His eye squinted in anger and he pounded his fist on the table.

"That son of a bitch fucked my whole smuggling end back in Westrunn. Swayed my connections to him. It has taken me months to even build back what I had. It's why I'm in this shit-hole of a town. What do you want with him?"

"Nothing you should worry about. In fact, you might not have to deal with him much more soon."

The man raised his eyebrows in curiosity.
"Ah, so he has fucked you over too huh?"