.Forty-Three.

"Jungwon!" A DELIGHTED YELL echoed in the cave as a petite figure crouched down beside a trail of lava, the cyan light reflected on her face causing her skin to look blue

"Jungwon!" A DELIGHTED YELL echoed in the cave as a petite figure crouched down beside a trail of lava, the cyan light reflected on her face causing her skin to look blue. She looked like an alien.

Jungwon snickered at her appearance which went unnoticed by the girl. "Look, it turned purple here because it mixed with the red one." She told, pointing at a specific spot. He leaned down to see the spot clearer and nodded.

His eyes stuck on the human beside him, unable to tear his eyes away from her as her smile warmed his heart, flowers blossoming inside of him while a soft smile tugged on his lips. Was it her gorgeous appearance that made him fall for her? Or was it the way she manages to shine in every situation she's in? Or was it her endearing smile? He didn't know.

But does love needs a reason?

"Jungwon!" A hand waved right in front of his eyes. A worried face filled his vision, "Are you here?" She asked.

Blinking his eyes, his mouth opened to answer her until he felt unease causing him to skim the cave. He shivered as he sensed another one of his kind beneath the thick void ahead of them, gripping Haeyul's wrist, pulling her behind him. "Hide."

His simple word alarmed Haeyul as she immediately rushed over to a nearby spot, where the obsidian was huge enough to cover both her and Jungwon. So many questions ran through her head as she watched Jungwon's eyes glanced around the void, yet she couldn't spit it out. She knew how strong vampire senses could be. If she said anything, it would only confirm her presence.

A few seconds later, the couple heard footsteps coming over towards their direction, slow and confident. Jungwon had decided to take a peek, curious about the mysterious person and once he found out, he muttered silent curses under his breath.

That's not a good sign, Haeyul thought.
As the footsteps got closer towards them, Jungwon's dark orbs met hers and Haeyul blinked in surprise, his eyes looked...scared, almost pleading.

The brunette eyes quivered, clearly bothered by the prince's sudden change in demeanor. She wanted to ask whether he's okay, but she had sworn to not speak whenever there is another creature besides them.

Jungwon pressed his finger on her lips, hushing her as his gaze flickered down towards her neck and back up to her brown eyes. Haeyul's eyes widened.

"Can I?" He mouthed, gulping his apprehension away.
He wanted to turn her into a vampire.

Haeyul's stomach twisted, taking a deep breath before she nodded her head, preparing herself for the pain waiting for her. Closing her eyes, she felt his hot breath fanning her skin until two sharp canines pierced through her neck. She winced in pain as her hands harshly clenched his shoulders.