.Twenty-Five.

THE FLOWERS SWAYED with the wind, capturing the girl into a deep trance while the man beside her hummed a simple melody. They were seated in a field of flowers which Haeyul recognized as Heathers. Its name reflected the beauty it holds. The celestial scenery awed Haeyul as she took in her surroundings.  The purple petals glowed under the golden rays from the dusking sky. Where were they?

The brunette recognized the couple even when their faces were blurred. "So much has changed since you been away,"  The man mumbled, earning a soft laugh from the girl, who continued the lyrics. "I wish that heaven had visiting hours,"
"So, I could just swing by and ask for your advice," 

Haeyul tilted her head. The song was familiar, yet she has never heard it before. "So much has changed," The pair sang "since you've been away." The girl rested her head on his shoulders and traced small circles on his hands. Haeyul moved forward, facing the couple as she attempted to identify their features. 

Unfortunately for her, she could only identify their expressions, not their faces. "When I first saw you, I genuinely thought you were the most ethereal girl I've seen in my lifetime."  The girl rolled her eyes upon hearing the man's compliment, her cheeks flushing in pink. 
"You're such a liar."
"It's the truth."

The girl scoffed, a smile playing on her lips. "Just shut up Wonie."

"Woniee!"
Haeyul's eyes widened as she searched for the owner of the voice. Her eyes fell on the one and only Princess Aene. She was calling for Jungwon as she linked her arm with his. A silent gasp left Haeyul's lips. What the hell? She has been dreaming about Prince Jungwon and Princess Aene? To think she ever dreamt of their children.. 

"Miss Seo?" She diverted her attention to the prince in front of her. 

A wave of realization hit her, and she quickly set the pile of books onto the wooden table. "Sorry." She spoke. The princess nodded and ushered her away, wanting privacy with Jungwon. A shiver went down Haeyul's spine as she walked to the corner of the room. Why would she dream about those two? No wonder those pair of eyes felt familiar to her. She hit her head as she muttered curse words to herself, specifically to her mind.

"Why would you dream of them?" She nagged herself, "It's like disrupting their privacy you idiot." 

Lucky for her, Jungwon's office is very spacious, so her words were left unheard by the vampires even with their vampire abilities. 

The brunette fumbled with her hands awkwardly, her eyes glancing around the room, avoiding the couple sitting in the middle. She peeked outside the window as she recalled the incident that happened a few days ago. It was informed the next morning that Eve was nowhere to be found in the castle. All of her belongings remained in her room just like how it was before she went to the field, untouched. The only traced she left was the necklace Elena had found on the grass.

Haeyul sighed. She was without doubt worried for her friend. Why would the centaurs take Eve away without reason? From the myths Haeyul had read about centaurs, they are strong creatures who are only hostile to those who wronged them. So, unless the vampires had done something to upset them, there shouldn't be any reason for a sudden kidnapping. 

"Miss Seo?" 
A loud yell pierced her ear drums, catching her by surprise. She looked at Princess Aene and walked towards her, "Yes, how may I help you, your majesty?" 

A huff was heard from the princess, vexation tainted her beautiful face, "Stop daydreaming, can you?" The princess told. Haeyul nodded, gritting her teeth as she forced an apology. "Is dinner ready?" She inquired, leaning on the couch while Prince Jungwon occupied himself with the book in his hold. 

Haeyul opened her mouth to answer when a knock was heard, and Prince Heeseung entered the office. He sent a quick smile to the human which she replied with a curtsy. "Jay is waiting for you downstairs in the kitchen." He informed, whispering to her.

She nodded before excusing herself, exiting the office. Haeyul rolled her eyes as she was finally free from the hell hole. She couldn't stand that princess. She was so demanding and would point out every flaw and mistake that Haeyul accidentally did, tattle tailing to Jungwon about it. Jungwon on the other hand didn't seem to mind the small mistakes Haeyul has done which she was thankful for.

The brunette reached for a ribbon and gathered her hair into a bun while she headed to the kitchen. She flung the door open and wore her apron as the heat greeted her. "It smells good, what are you cooking?" She asked the cooking prince without looking at him.

"Something simple for you."
"Which is?"
"Chicken soup."
Haeyul paused in her tracks as she stared at Jay in disbelief. "You already learnt the recipe?" She questioned; her voice laced with surprise. The latter smirked, clearly proud of himself. "What could I say? I'm a quick learner."
Haeyul scoffed as she shook her head. 

Prince Jay glimpsed at her, noticing the troubled expression on her face under the calm mask she wore. Worried, he decided to strike a conversation. "How was Jungwon and that princess?" 

"Hm?" Haeyul hummed, "They were being all lovey-dovey with each other. Like, Princess Aene kept latching herself onto Jungwon. It was honestly horrid to be in the same room with them. Not to mention, alone." She moved the plates to the trolley. 

"That can't be right." Jay frowned, hearing her words. "Jungwon hates A...na?"
"Aene." Haeyul corrected.
"Yes, Aene. Jungwon hates her." He claimed as he stood beside her with his arms crossed.

"Well, that can't be right because he seems to get along with her very nicely for someone who hates her." Haeyul retorted, finally showing her honest emotions. "I can't bear being in the same room with them." She clenched her jaw in annoyance, her movements became harsher causing Jay to back away slightly. 

"You should tidy yourself. Dinner is starting soon." Haeyul told.
The prince pursed his lips as he observed the girl. Was accompanying the couple so bad until her mood had gone down the drain? She was perfectly fine this morning. Seeing his figure still in the kitchen, Haeyul glared at him, motioning him to leave the kitchen. "Okay, okay, I'm going." 

"Try not to break anything." He playfully told.
"Just leave." 

With a confusion on his face, Jay exited the kitchen as he thought of a reason for her bad mood. Suddenly he remembered Jake's words when they were having tea together. Could it possibly be jealousy..? A laugh emitted from his mouth as he shook his head, finding himself hilarious. "Yeah, right. They can't even be in the same room without wanting to kill each other. There is no way they like each other." 

A few days of exams to go and I'll be updating like last time :DAlso, good luck for the ones who are having exams as well!

Also, good luck for the ones who are having exams as well!

Don't forget to vote, comment, and share!
🥰😊