.Fourteen.

YANG JUNGWON held a solemn expression, his hand moving nonstop as he signed hundreds of papers from the recent proposals from the neighboring regions

YANG JUNGWON held a solemn expression, his hand moving nonstop as he signed hundreds of papers from the recent proposals from the neighboring regions. His office was silent. The only source of sound was from his quill scratching the papers. Jungwon enjoyed it, nevertheless. He could put his undivided attention towards his work without any distraction from anyone.

A deep sigh left his mouth, his brows knitted tightly together as he reread the paper in his hands again, not leaving out any detail. He swiveled his hands swiftly and placed the sheet of paper on top of the other papers. Jungwon set his quill inside the ink-filled glass, finally rewarding himself with a short break after spending the entire day in his office.

He leaned back on the cushioned chair, inhaling the air and releasing it immediately. Jungwon won't admit it himself, but he gets exhausted from all of the work he is given. Sometimes he just needs a long break for himself. After repetitive days of signing papers, attending—meetings, dance lessons, history lessons, etiquette lessons, and so on, his life has been nothing but a hassle. 

Then he saw Haeyul, a human, who seems to always find peace wherever she is. Even when half of his brothers dislike her, she seems to not be affected by it. Contradicting with his life, Haeyul glides peacefully in the castle without anyone rushing for her to do all sorts of things.

Jungwon stood up, leaning forward to window in front of him, his hands clasped behind him as he watched the walking figure at the garden down below. The orange hue fell on her as the sunrise breaks through the heavy clouds causing for her night dress to glimmer beautifully. 

He found it strange. How could she walk around with a calm expression at any given moment? How could she not be bothered that she might be stuck in this timeline for another few years? And what confuses Jungwon the most is how she can bicker with someone with a smile on her face. 

If she were a part of the royal blood, many will say she is fit for queen.
Prince Jungwon choked at his own thoughts. "Her? A queen?" He scoffed, "That would only lead to a disaster." 

Maybe that's why Jungwon doesn't like her, because she reminds him of everything he is not. 

She gets along with most of his brothers in a short span of time while Jungwon struggles to do so. She also has potential to be a great queen without much training, something Jungwon cannot relate to. He had to earn his position by immense hard work.

Shaking his head, Jungwon paused when he caught a glint of gold from the corner of his desk. He reached for the object and saw a golden tube- or cylinder. It had a trail of golden leaves going around the cylinder. Thinking it was an old gift from one of his business partners, he stored it inside his drawer and walked out of his office.

A shorter chapter

A shorter chapter

Don't forget to vote, comment and share!
😊🥰 have a good day/night