How does one forgive a cheater?

a/n - please read with caution!! this does contain mentions of self harm and sensitive topics for some readers. if this make you uncomfortable please skip. and remember, you're always enough <3 

I woke up and turned over to see my girlfriend missing from her spot. I could see one of my photos framed on her night stand. It read "P+K".

Katrina and I are both seniors in high school, graduation was in a couple of weeks. She usually stays over due to problems with her family. Of course my aunt never minds, she loves Katrina.

I groaned as I sat up on my bed, wondering where she had gone. I looked at the time and the clock read 2:36 AM. How is it still so late? My brain is still foggy as I got up to get a drink of water. My girlfriend had quite literally vanished.

I grow worried and I see that she left her apple watch at my house. Curious, I pick it up and enter her password. I only unlocked it to see where her phone was. I know she installed a tracker on it so then id be able to figure out where she is. Not in a stalker way, but she never just disappears in the middle of the night. I just really need to make sure that she's at least somewhere close. When it opens the small square screen shows messages between her and another person named Christine. Flirty messages.

Christine: I'll be waiting, just text me when you're on your way.

Kk, my gf just fell asleep, I'll be leaving shortly. Make sure you wear those black clothes i like so much

Feeling betrayed I slump down on the floor and immediately call her. The messages were from at least 12 AM. she couldn't have been there for too long. I call her phone, trying to fight back tears and the yelling that would commence.

"Hello?" Katrina answers the phone, out of breath.

"Hey, where are you?" I ask with as much composure that I could find.

Please dont lie, please dont lie, katrina please. This can be fixed

"Im uh" Katrina said, trying to find an excuse "Im just on a drive"

I hung up the phone and cried into my lap, not knowing what to do. I called my best friend, praying that he'd answer. It rang and he didnt pick up. I called him again and again until i'd get an answer.

"Hello? Why are you calling me so early?" he said groggily, finally answering after 4 times.

"Katrina, she's sleeping with somebody else. Please I don't know what to do, I called her and she lied about it. Please charles what am i supposed to do" I sobbed, my house empty. My aunt wouldnt be home for another 4 hours.

"Hey hey hey slow down, what are you talking about?" Charles spoke urgently, I could tell he was attempting to wake up.

"Katrina, she's been cheating on me. Please charles what do I do? If she loved me why would she do this?" i cried out, not caring how loud I was.

"Oh honey I'm so sorry, listen i'll be over there soon I promise. My mom is still sleeping so i'll write her a note that im leaving. Stay put, and if you want ill continue to be on the phone" Charles sighed, i heard rustling from his end but i couldnt identify the sounds. My brain wouldn't let me. I looked at the phone in my hands and saw 2 missed calls from katrina.

"Charles she called me again, should I answer?"

"Sure, add her to this one, I'll mute myself so she doesn't know I'm here. Just stay calm, im almost there"

I did as charles instructed and took a deep breathe before speaking.

"What do you want katrina?"

"Why did you hang up on me before?" she asked, her voice acting as if shes full of innocence.