Chapter Twenty-Two

It was finally Christmas.

Almost.

Christmas Eve, to be exact.

Isabella and Andrew separated for a few hours to prepare their gifts for one another.

They would've been joined at the hip if being near didn't ruin the surprise.

It was only for a moment.

As she observed the wedding ring, Isabella's lip was secured between her teeth.

Andrew deserved the best ring, and though Isabella had no prior experience making one, she gave it her all.

"Is this right?" She asked herself.

She was no coppersmith or jeweler, but the ring looked somewhat presentable.

It was a gift from her heart.

Mary-Anne was so kind to pick up the supplies she needed and drop them in the mailbox.

Isabella didn't want Andrew to know anything about his gift.

He was thoughtful in every way. She wanted to please him with his ring.

It would show the world he was her husband and how much she adored him.

She looked down at the ring he'd bought.

It sparkled.

But if it didn't, she'd love it still.

It was Andrew's thoughtfulness that kept her giddy about the ring.

She hoped and prayed that he felt the same when he received his gift.

"I love everything about him, Father. Let this gift bless his heart, as he has immensely blessed mine by being himself," She was delighted.

If they weren't purposefully separated, she would've gone to him and simply watched him.

There was something immaculate about Andrew Quinn.

Gently, a lightbulb flickered in Isabella's mind.

A realization.

A smile grew on her delighted face.

"I can talk to You about him," She almost melted.

God wanted to hear her speak about Andrew.

He listened to every word she spoke.

He loved her.

"He's such a good man, Father. He's not perfect, but he's entirely perfect for me. His temper is one to admire, I admire it so," She sighed while twirling his ring on her finger. "He's dedicated to You. That's what makes me love him so dearly. I love his hugs,"

He hugged her perfectly.

Sometimes he'd give a light squeeze, but only because she did it first.

"He lets me be," Her heart soared.

"He doesn't lessen my joy, he brings me more!"

Talking about Andrew made Isabella excited. She wanted to find him and kiss him, but it'd have to wait.

She would be patient.

"The greatest blessing in this beautiful marriage is Your presence, Father. You keep us together," She was grateful. "I pray that we continuously honor You as we love and honor each other,"

No matter what happened, God would keep them.

The truth settled her. It also made her heart take flight.