Chapter 10: Gathering Of The Valley

"You will be flying with us tonight for this moon's gathering," came the sharp voice. Wren felt her insides quiver madly with excitement at her older cousin's words.

"I'll get to see the other tribes?" She whispered in awe. "Of course. But you will not be flying with your former BlazeClan friends, I'm afraid."

She blinked, her heart sinking a little. "They're not coming? But don't you have to let the other tribes know of new apprentices?"

The silver queen gave her a hard stare. "And let the other tribes know we have more trainees than before, giving them a possible advantage in battle? Perish the thought," she grunted.

"You are dismissed for now. Go and freshen up after you finish whatever tasks you have before the sun sets," she ordered, and Wren bowed, uttering a "yes, my queen" before she flew off.

As she landed by the apprentice den, Thunder poked his head out carefully. "Are you alright?" He asked softly, his gaze gentle as always.

She brushed her cheek against his softly and mewed, "Yeah.. I'm just really disappointed you and our friends can't come along to the Starlight Gathering tonight with me. I wanted to see the other tribes together."

Thunder blinked, eyes flickering with understanding. That was the nice thing about the middle Granite brother; he never got mad or overreacted to anything.

He was just that sweet to everyone, no matter how they treated him, at least until things went too far.

"Her majesty has her reasons, so I have no right to be upset," he answered softly. "You have fun at the gathering, but don't let your guard down. I already don't trust Carnation and her tribe."

His gaze locked onto hers, and he added, "Tell us everything that happens at the Starlight Gathering. I want to know more about the tribes and see if they pose true threats to us."

Wren held his gaze evenly as she answered, "You know I will, Thunder. Anything for you."
—————————————
"Let's move," Queen Glacier Storm ordered, taking off to the sky as the cats she had chosen for the gathering followed along behind her.

Wren took a last glance at her parents who smiled warmly at her and her friends who waved their wings to her, and flew off with Flurry Stride by her side.

The group mostly consisted of senior warriors and a few healers, and the only apprentice was her that night. She could barely contain her excitement at the thought of meeting the other tribes.

She followed along as Queen Glacier Storm and King Jagged Slash led the group out of their territory, their wingbeats silent and focused as they sheered through the calm winds.

As they approached the Dragon Tree, a gigantic tree that grew tall and majestic in the middle of the grounds separating the tribes, Wren felt her heart beating faster with excitement.

The Dragon Tree's roots split the earth, revealing the crashing ocean and churning waves below the land. Directly under the tree was a vortex that led to the tribe gathering place, and now they were heading into it.

The royal siblings entered first, and soon the rest of the group was quick to follow. Wren felt the wind rushing in her ears as she dove in, the crashing water diving downwards further roaring in her ears.

As her eyes finally adjusted to the darkness, she snapped her wings open upon hearing the familiar gusty noises of her tribemates all doing the same.

Flurry Stride's pale eyes flicked to her as she regained her stance, and gestured for Wren to follow along with a small twitch of her short tail.