Prologue

Rippling Leaf couldn't stop the smile of joy as his daughter finally made it back home where she belonged.

He'd spent the last few moons watching over her from afar, seeing her make mistakes, learn healing from her mentor, befriend her friends now, and care for her patients.

Despite all of the challenges and sometimes back-breaking times, he had unwavering hope that she'd come back to her home one day so she could see her roots.

His prayers were finally answered when one day, his beloved daughter finally made her way home.

Overwhelmed with joy and pride, Rippling Leaf watched as his daughter came through the trees, halting with her clan to take in the sights of the glorious valley.

As the mackerel tom watched from above, he remembered before he'd died he swore then and there to always be there for Goslingpaw, protecting her and cheering her on through life's toughest hurdles.

Even though he could never physically be with her, the former king was nonetheless filled with joy knowing his daughter was safe and taken care of.

He knew his daughter was going to soar with all of the potential and dreams that awaited her in the future with her friends and family by her side.

With his spirit watching over her from afar as always, Goslingpaw had every opportunity to fulfill her dreams, and Rippling Leaf beamed with pride believing that no obstacle was too large for his beloved daughter.

And so, how thin the clouds he stayed watching over his daughter, waiting for the day he could grant her his blessing as the next queen.