Essay: Circumstances That Pushed People To Invent

When many circumstances create a need or want, people are pushed to invent. There have been many illustrious inventors in the world. They were pushed by different circumstances to invent great inventions. In this essay I will talk about 3 different inventors, with 3 different circumstances.  These inventors are Thomas Edison and his phonograph, Henry Ford with his car, and finally William Kamkwamba and his makeshift windmill.

              First inventor I'm going to talk about, Thomas Edison and his Phonograph. Thomas was a very curious boy, so it's no suprise he became an illustrious inventor. Thomas was curious about chemistry, locomotives, but he liked electricity best. Thomas Edison was very determined. The phonograph was originally used to transcribe messages from the telegraph onto tape. Instead he can record sounds. His invention's Impact was huge. People could now hear the dead! Anything recorded with sounds was thanks to the phonograph.

             The next Inventor I'm going to talk about is Henry Ford, and the car. Henry was also a curious boy liked Thomas. He was interested in wind up toys, the rushing river, but most of all, engines. Henry dreamed of making his own inventions. One day he saw a buggy, this was how he thought of the car.  He wanted to make a car, hardworking families could afford, drive fast and for to be able to carry weight. Henry was motivated by Thomas's secret, "keep at it." After many failed attempts, he created the car.

          Finally, William Kamkwamba. He's an African boy from Malawi. His family was affected by the drought. After the drought his family had no money to pay for school, but that didn't stop William. He went to the village library and read. One day he found a bool called "Using Energy." He read it, and had an idea to create a windmill. He could use it for electricity. It took several months to finish. He used materials from wastelands. When people saw his windmill, they were suprised. Later he was invited to conferences, and got a scholarship, Now he makes windmills all around Africa.

          These were the stories of 3 inventors. When there is a want or need, an inventor will invent something to fix it. They're inventions impact the world, which is why they are illustrious. Who knows, maybe you'll be an inventor one day.

(388 words)

Written: Wednesday, 2nd of November of 2022