I close my eyes, the dizzying thoughts overwhelming me. "Dare, I got to go. I'll see you in a few days at the fair," I breathe out, clearing my throat after the words slip from my lips.

"Yeah, I heard. But I just got ya back," his hands fall to my hips while his eyes search my face once more. "That group just left, ya think it's smart to go back out there so soon?"

I shrug, "I can handle them. Alpha doesn't want to stumble across me alone in the dark; I might fuck her up for Lydia and for being so... gross? Mental? Abusive?" I smirk, "I can go in all day with adjectives." I really don't need a reason to beat her ass. Her existence just annoys me that much, and I just met her. Poor Lydia. I hope she's okay. "I'll have Charlee with me so I won't be alone. I need to warn the Kingdom. I owe the King my loyalty after everything he's done for me. I am also going to clear out whatever else we left in the house. I'm here to stay, redneck."

His lips twitch in amusement, "okay. I'm holdin' ya to ya word; I'll see ya in a few days. No more runnin' off, Blue. Next time, I'll light the whole world on fire searchin' for ya." His lips crash against my mouth once more, "ya are mine, and I ain't fuckin' this up again," he growls against me before leaving me alone in the bedroom. I smile, fingers finding my lips where his mouth was a few moments ago. See you soon, Dixon.

Swearing, I abandon the bike, jumping into the group of walkers crowding and blocking the road, dual swords tight in my grasp, "watch for weapons, don't get too close," I bark at Charlee in warning, voice muffled by the mask

Swearing, I abandon the bike, jumping into the group of walkers crowding and blocking the road, dual swords tight in my grasp, "watch for weapons, don't get too close," I bark at Charlee in warning, voice muffled by the mask. I wouldn't put it passed Alpha to send a group to watch us, or try to kill anyone who step outside of the gates. I don't trust the twisted bald bitch as far as I could throw her. Charlee hasn't seen the skin walkers at work. She doesn't fully comprehend how dangerous they are; we already couldn't get too close to the dead, now we have to keep an eye out for anything sharp and pointy that could cut our life short.

The moon is the high in the sky; we are only a few short hours away from the house. We agreed it was a safe call to head there first instead of The Kingdom, especially since we are due to arrive in the dead of night. We decided to rest, pack, then head over to see the King. However, this might set us back until we can clear the dead from our way.

I stumble over the fallen body of a walker I had just killed, while another reaches for me, its rotted maw snapping at me. "Shit," I growl, my own eyes widening in fear. Seconds tick by before the dead fall limp on me, its moans cut short. My still wide eyes locking onto a plump male with long dark brown hair, full beard, and brown eyes with a cowboy hat atop his head lurk in the spot the walker once stumbled about. For a brief moment, I thought I saw Rick, but this guy is too short to be the man I always considered family. Spotting a corpse behind the now smiling man, I reach for my gun; the man raises his hands in surprise as a bullet sings through the air, lodging in the walkers forehead. I smirk as he glances between me and the corpse, "so that makes us even, cowboy."

He grins, "Ozzy. Leader of the Highwaymen." The what? I smirk inwardly. These groups and their names are starting to feel like a long running joke at this point.