Furthermore, monsters do not tire easily, unlike humans, who also feel parched and hungry, famished even, in a continuous fight.

"Everyone, scatter. Find my daughter and eliminate any enemies you come across. Spare no one!"

The Knights and the few Paladins divided themselves and scattered around. Ezra and Everett separated and led their respective groups. They combed the forest thoroughly and dealt with a few Strays who happened to cross their path.

As time ticked off and each of the groups got farther and farther from the Transfer Point, after analyzing the decomposition of the corpses on neither side and how varied they were, the men could not help but let out a groan.

The most decayed corpses, based on their decomposition, died several days ago, while the recent ones, which had not decayed yet and were just stiff, died two or three hours at most.

Some Mercenaries who belonged to the latter must also be the backups, considering the state of their armor and weapons.

Continuing ahead, the Knights and the Paladins' expressions got worse and worse.

It was chaotically dreadful.

The Dungeon Break must have been a large one, lasting about a week or so. Everywhere they looked, as far as their eyes could see, were the corpses laid out and soaked on the ground.

The heavy downpour was unable to block the men's exceptional vision.

The continuous battle that happened here was brutal, especially considering the countless number of monsters' corpses compared to the mercenaries'.

The number truly was overwhelming.

Ezra, as a father, felt his breathing become heavy and his jaw tighten as he learned more about what had happened in the past few days. His cold eyes, sweeping around, grew even colder. As Ezra clenched the hilt of his sword, he subconsciously released a heavy and terrible aura. The weaker knights and paladins struggled to catch their breath, unable to fully defend themselves.

"...Commander, please calm yourself. Others cannot fully protect themselves against your aura," Hanz, the Second Squadron's Vice Captain, who had managed to defend himself against the dense aura, politely reminded him. Fortunately, Ezra immediately withdrew his aura. Without saying a word, he walked forward and traversed the ground littered with corpses, mud, and blood.

They continued to search for a few more hours in the moonless night. Unfortunately, they only found more corpses. After a while, as the downpour finally subsided and turned into a drizzle, the night deepened and midnight approached. Mist also started to appear.

"Send a message to the others. Let us regroup at the Transfer Point for now. We will discuss other matters afterward," Ezra instructed before turning around, his expression dark and cold.

That very day, when Vrylle had not yet returned home even though night had fallen and she was past her curfew, Ezra felt a foreboding feeling itching at the back of his head. He preferred to ignore it and insisted on waiting, hoping that his daughter might just be at the Coston's.

She was just running late because Ezra knew how much the Marchioness, especially the Young Lady of the Coston's, treated his daughter.

How affectionate they were to her.

Unfortunately, another hour passed and his daughter still had not come home. Feeling antsy, Ezra decided to personally go to the Coston's Estate, riding his black horse named Warrior. It was the same horse he used when he was out of the Empire on expeditions.

A horse that had adapted to the adversity it faced and became battle-ready.

Upon arriving uninvited at the Costons', the couple themselves welcomed him. That was when Ezra's whole being sank when they asked him the purpose of his sudden visit.