chapter twenty

"My spirit sister and her baby, have been murdered by the sky people."

It finally happened, the sky people found them, they have found your clan.

Tonowari and Ronal stood in the middle of everyone who surrounded them to hear the news.

Your eyes were teary, you were filled with fear and anger. You wrapped an arm around Tsireya's, holding onto your sister.

"This war has come to us!" Your father yells to the people, your ears reacting to the loudness of everyone.

"We knew about this hunting of our Tulkun people but it was over the horizon far away!"

"Now, it is here!"

"You gotta understand how the sky people think! They don't care about the great balance." Jake stood out with his words, Tsireya pulled you closer to her.

Some of the Na'vi yelled out, Neteyam putting his hands out to quiet them. "Listen, listen to him!"

"The Sky People are not gonna stop. This is only the beginning." Jake continued, "You've got to tell your Tulkuns to leave!" He pointed his finger off into the distance. "You gotta tell them to go far away!"

Your mother was fed up, this caused more commotion. "Leave?"

"You live among us, and you learn nothing." Her voice was shaky, "We will fight to protect our brothers and sisters!" A warrior from behind yelled, which made many react. Jake was frustrated, trying to get through to everyone, but hardly anyone was considering his words.

"No no no! If you attack, if you fight, then they will destroy you. They will destroy everything that you love!"

As the crowd's roar intensified, Tsireya held onto you tightly. Your expression creased as you witnessed Jake's response, tears streaming down your cheeks, slowly. You were familiar with Jake's past, and Neytiri who had also suffered greatly due to the Sky People. You attempted to comprehend his emotions, but if his plan was to continue running, where would you go? The Sky People always seemed to track them down.

"Hear my words! Hear my words!" Jake shouted, turning in every direction as the noise level increased. Neteyam attempted to support his father, trying to pacify the crowd. "Listen to my father!"
— In Neteyam's hand, there was an unfamiliar object. Something you couldn't identify, it was made of materials you didn't recognize. Jake snatched it from him and exclaimed, "Damn it!"
"He speaks the truth!"

Jake ran to where your parents stood before, holding up the strange object which immediately made the crowd quiet down. No one could recognize what it was. Your brother stood in front of you and Tsireya, he held a hand out to you both wanting you to back up as he observed the object in Jakes hand.

"You tell the Tulkuns, that if they are hit by one of these, they're marked for death."

"Call for me, I'll silence it."

"Saving their lives, that's all that matters, right?" He looked to everyone, your grip on Tsireya's arm loosened, your expression was one of sorrow as you gazed at him.

Jake then looked to your parents, it looked as if he had finally gotten through to them. "Saving your family."

Tonowari then turned his gaze to Ronal, she nodded her head slightly with closed eyes.
She grasped onto his hand as he took a step forward.

"Tell the Tulkun."

"Go, go!"

Everyone began to disperse, moving along to warn the Tulkun of what was to come. You disconnected your arm from Tsireya's, she turned to you and pressed her hand onto your shoulder. Her tears were slowly running down her face as well.