chapter ten

Ao'nung didn't return home until later, he walked inside with his head still hung low, and a smirk on his face. You wondered if he was really laughing at a time like this, when he should be ashamed that he let Lo'ak take the blame.

You shook your head at him when he looked at you and Tsireya in your spots. He wanted to sit with you guys as well but both of you weren't putting up a welcoming aura. So he sat across the marui.
He picked at the ground, his other arm resting on one knee that was bent towards him. You decided that after a few long minutes of silence in the marui, aside from your parents quietly talking to each other about something you three had no business in, you'd talk to Ao'nung.

You stood up; leaving Tsireya behind as you walked to the side where Ao'nung sat at. Standing in front of him, you eyed him down. Waiting for him to lift his head and look right back at you. He didn't dare look up, you squatted in front of him, then he did, but you couldn't find the words. You realize you didn't want to continue adding to the situation. You just huffed and placed a hand on his shoulder, squeezing gently and letting it drop down.

Your family went to sleep that night without talking, everyone in their sleeping spots. The tension between Ao'nung and your parents made you and Tsireya not want to talk at all and pass it off till the morning.

Twilight hour came again, you doing your usual routine of pulling yourself up from your sleeping spot. You stayed sitting as you tiredly blinked at your legs while yawning. You placing a hand over your moth as you did, it had only been two days since the new family arrived. So far, they've been nothing but wronged. They've been teased, left out, and gotten into physical fights with the Olo'eyktan's son. Which you still think Ao'nung should be more far more ashamed off considering his role of a great warrior who has been taught better.

You also thought of how stressful this all was to your parents, more on your mother. She was hesitant to allow them to stay, you understood why as it would put your clans safety at risk. Adding to that, she is with child. All this new stress adding to her everyday life, you wondered if she was getting any kind of extra support from your father during this time, since he was the one who finalized the decision.

You didn't worry much for Tsireya before, but you did know that she isn't feeling the best right now. You knew it was because of Lo'ak and Ao'nung. If anything, you wondered how she hasn't told Ao'nung anything. She was upset and you knew that, but just like you yesterday, she didn't tell him anything.

After a while of your continuous thoughts and trying to accustom to being awake, you decided to finally get up. You didn't want to miss twilight hour after all.

There you were, floating around in the water, the bioluminescence still actively showing. You let you body be taken in by the waves, you started off at a pretty shallow part of the water and slowly you were pulled deeper in.

Also you weren't fully awake yet, the cold water made you feel tense for a while but you got used to it. And it was enough to wake you up. Your eyes stayed glued to the sky, the wonderful sight of Polyphemus, the bright stars that were slowly disappearing as the sun began to rise. Your eyes closed for a second, you wanted to really take in the last bite of the twilight hour.

Those thoughts you had before completely leaving your head, you began to take deep breaths, slowly. Inhale, exhale.

Your mind was finally calm, empty, the only sound from the water. Everything else sounded muffled almost. That was until you felt something tug on your leg, your eyes snapping open and your head dunking itself under the water to get a look at whatever was clinging onto you.