𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲?

you might think 'oh, now that they finally understand their own feelings, they should confess and get together now- right?'

well, that's where you're wrong my dear readers. because as much as the two dumb adults think about each other all of the damned time- they actually don't have the courage to confess their feelings.

kokonoi hajime thinks that he's going a little bit too fast if he'll ever tell the young manager about his feelings- and he isn't even sure if she likes him back!

l/n y/n wants to confess but couldn't find the right time to do so, always being busy with paperwork to even think about ways on how she would tell her dear assistant about her undeniable love for him.

what a load of bullshit.

you have a man here who works for a criminal organization and a woman who owns her own company- how the fuck do they not have the strength to tell each other 'hey, i like you. wanna date?'

so, what's been going on the past week if the two haven't confessed just yet? well, it's quite simple- the tension never leaving the office even if they tried.

it's not the type of tension that is uncomfortable however, it's the type of tension that just makes you want to burst your heart out.

the two of them could sense that the other has something to say- but even when they ask about it it just turns into a long and... not very assuring silence, to say the least.

to the silver-haired male, it seems as though y/n has been avoiding any sort of contact with him- whether that be eye contact, a small conversation, or even just physical contact with him. this makes the man wonder whether or not he should confess.

when in reality, the young woman was just busy with all of the things concerning the company.

and to top it all off, the news about her mother and her husband being sent to prison was sort of her breaking point- and work is the only thing that keeps her mind off of everything that's happening.

in his dark, narrow eyes- it may seem that she's avoiding him because of the kiss, and god help the poor man because he's about to break.

kokonoi was aware that he shouldn't have done that, but thinking back to that night under the dark, moonless sky- he wouldn't be aware of his feelings towards her in the first place.

but what was bothering her?!

fine, if she won't tell him then it's up to detective kokonoi hajime to solve the case.

right now the assistant was sitting on the sofa chair in front of her, logbook in hand that covered half of his face- eyes trained to her tired figure with a calculating gaze.

with a pen clutched between her (s/c) fingers, signing paper after paper- ink staining her pinky as she sighed for the nth time today.

her eyes landed on her mug beside her, reaching out for it in hopes that the caffeine will kick in and give her enough energy to last for the rest of the afternoon.

however, even before she can take a sip from her drink- kokonoi held a hand in front of it and took it away from her. this resulted in y/n looking at him with a tired glare, even though she likes him that doesn't mean that he's exempted from her well known death 'glare'.

"what are you doing?" she asked, the silver-haired man walking towards the drink station and switched out her mug of coffee into a glass of iced water.

"your hands are already shaking because of the caffeine that you consumed." he placed the cup in front of her, careful in handling it to avoid the condensation from dripping down onto the documents below.