𝐭𝐨 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐠𝐨.

they say that once you fall in love with someone- you'll get the chance to spend a lifetime with them.

oh how wrong these people were.

because falling in love isn't just as easy as how you count every letter in the alphabet- it was like a neverending maze of problems and doubts.

growing up and maturing made the two seventeen-year-olds realize that- and it didn't just dawn down upon them like how the sakura blossom kisses the green, dewy ground.

no, it fell upon them like an unexpected storm- blowing away their promises to each other and onto the dark grey sky, never to be seen again.

it was a dull, sunday afternoon in the late spring of 2007 when a hurricane came crashing down on them.

l/n y/n just got back from a business trip in europe, wanting nothing more than to be welcomed in the arms of the guy that she loved, mitsuya takashi.

the two kept a good communication the whole time that she was gone, and although she would like to admit that she and the lilac-haired male had a healthy relationship- it's quite the opposite.

there were times of miscommunication between the two- mostly because of the young manager's busy schedule and the male's priorities in the tokyo manji gang.

it seems as if now was the time that the heavens were testing their limits, pressing down on their buttons until one of them snaps.

and that's exactly what happened.

because on that same, dull afternoon was when y/n got to feel the pricking cold of the storm above her.

on that same spot, in that same park was mitsuya takashi standing beside a girl with blonde hair.

the two seemed to be close- closer than what she was comfortable with. but you know, the young manager wasn't the type to lash out without knowing more about the situation and decided to lay low to see what was happening.

in her mind, she wanted to understand what was going on before she had to make a move.

the (h/c) haired girl got some snippets on their conversation- and it seems that the two knew each other very well because they were catching up on what they had missed in each other's lives.

apparently this girl was shiba yuzuha, a girl who just came back after two years of living with her parents to get out of her abusive older brother's household.

a wave of relief dawned down on her, smiling to herself that this was nothing more than a friendly get-together between two old, good friends.

did she approach them? no.

she wanted to give the two friends some space to talk more- the young manager isn't possessive over mitsuya, she wanted to give him space to breathe.

meeting him could wait another day, right?

well apparently it could, but their relationship couldn't last for another year.

on that same spot, in that same park- mitsuya takashi broke it off with her.

"i'm sorry, but we just don't have time for each other anymore. you have your company to handle and i have my family and the gang. it's better of this way, i don't want to give you false hope."

no no, it didn't give her false hope- but it instead broke it.

and as she stood at that same spot, she watched his back growing farther and farther away from her vision- until only a blob of his lilac hair could be seen.

the sky cried with her that day, pouring its emotions down on the asphalt that they used to drive by at.

'it's better off this way'