𝐚 𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐞 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭

some of the most notable businessmen and women out there always told her that once you sit down at the head of the corporation- you'll never have to lift a finger.

it'll be all breezy for you, sit back and enjoy as you watch your company grow under your very eyes.

that's what they always tell her, but boy were they so wrong.

l/n y/n didn't know what company those old fools manage at, but it sure as hell wasn't as breezy as they told her it was- because she's now currently sitting in front of her desk with stacks of paperwork covering her hunched figure.

after managing the bouncing ball corporation for twelve years, the stress and pressure was now chasing after her. couldn't they just come again another time?

nope, they wanted to bother the manager who was at her wit's end.

a lot has happened the past twelve years and eight months- and by a lot, i mean a whole shit load that gave the young woman a tornado of emotions.

ten years ago, she and her high school sweetheart had broken it off- witnessing his wedding eight months ago which wasn't the best decision that she had done.

her father now gave her the title of owner and manager of the company yet still helping out since he knows that his daughter would just let all his efforts collapse.

her best friend and assistant got pregnant- eight months pregnant. which left her all stressed and assistant-less.

now the twenty-seven-year-old manager was doing everything she was mentally capable of to make sure that everything is going by smoothly.

"who in their right minds would chase an employee with a knife on floor three?"

this was getting ridiculous, utterly and totally ridiculous at this point.

"that's it- we're taking a break." y/n groaned, leaning her forehead on the cold surface of her glass desk that helped cool her warm temperature.

where was f/n when you needed her?

as she allowed her mind to take her off to neverland, her office door suddenly swung opened, and in came l/n f/n in all of his forty-nine-year-old glory.

his dress shoes hitting the polished tiles as he strode into the messy office.

"y/n, what is the meaning of this? all of your documents are disarrayed- how can you find stuff over there?" the old man tutted, earning a tired groan from her as she lazily propped her chin on her table.

"i work here, i know where i keep my things." she muttered, watching as her father sat down on one of the chairs that weren't preoccupied with either clothing or more paperwork.

f/n let out an exhale, crossing his legs as he looked at his daughter with a straight face.

the young manager knew that look, straightening her back as she waited for what her father was about to tell her. she's guessing that it was because of the mess- wasn't her fault though.

"we need to talk about your performance as both an individual and the manager of this place." this made the (h/c) haired woman raise a brow, wondering what her father was talking about while the man gestured at her workplace.

"for eight months, that pile of documents has been sitting there for the past eight damn months."

y/n looked down at her desk with solemn eyes, knowing that her father was in the right this time. as much as she wanted to deny everything- she couldn't weasel out of this one.

"ever since you've come back from that damned wedding you've been neglecting your responsibilities and even your health. how can you lead the corporation when you're sick?"