something's seriously wrong

"good god i'm a woman with no restraint," yoona muttered as jing walked out of her closet, clad in her brand new red draped slip dress

"good god i'm a woman with no restraint," yoona muttered as jing walked out of her closet, clad in her brand new red draped slip dress. it hardly went past the top of her thighs and was tight in all the right places, just as she liked it.

"wait til you see what jailis wearing," she winked, moving towards eunaes vanity to check her hair. yoona looked bewildered, eyes wide and mouth left agape as she struggled to find words. "nana, i'm not blind. i can see when my best friend and my cousin have got something going on," jing chuckled.

"i'm so sorry jing, i just-"
"why the hell are you apologizing? i don't care," the older snorted as she pat yoonas shoulder, walking past her to get to the table she left her phone on. "you guys aren't very discrete anyways," she teased.

"what the hell are you wearing?" chenle grumbled as he walked into the room, following ningning who had also just changed. he eyed his sister, a less than impressed expression finding his face.

"OK made it for her. you know she's like that woman's daughter," eunae hummed, spraying her face with setting spray. "why do you look like a hobo?" she gave him an up and down, earning a scoff.

"this is gucci." he pulled on the windbreaker he had on, an offended look on his face.
"it's the ugliest article of clothing you own and that's really saying something," jing rolled her eyes.

before the boy could argue back, her phone began to ring. chenle grumbled once again, walking off to a random corner of the room. jing huffed, answering the call seeing as it was mikyung calling and she never called before texting.

"what's up?" she answered, pulling her lipgloss from her bra while she rested the phone in between her shoulder and ear, screwing the tube open.

"jing, forget the party. could you please come to donghyucks house. something's wrong," she sounded stressed, her voice strained as if she'd been crying. "seriously i'm freaking out, he won't talk," she spoke again, clearly distressed.

it only took that for jing to agree, assuring the younger girl she'd be there as soon as she possibly could be. all thoughts of being petty immediately flew out of the window the minute she heard something was wrong with haechan.

she was a bitch, but she wasn't a monster.

she didn't give much of an explanation to the girls as to why she wasn't going to the party anymore, or where she was going. but she could tell she didn't need to after she mentioned haechan. her friends just seemed to know, wishing her a safe ride.

chenle chucked a sweater at her, giving her a stern warning about covering up before he allowed her to leave the house, watching as she left.

and in record time, she was back in front of the Lees residence.

she couldn't help but feel nervous. because clearly something serious had happened if mikyung was calling her in distress and not literally anyone else. not to mention, she hadn't talked to the male since he cold shouldered her so she wasn't quite sure if her being there would do any good.

"hey," it was doyeon who answered the door, a small smile on her lips as she greeted the girl. "he's out back. mikyung went with dasom to her house, claimed it was too late in the night for him to be acting like a teenage boy," she explained with an eye roll. "we all know it was just because she didn't want him to hear her cry," she muttered, walking jing further into their house.

"she sounded pretty upset over the phone," jing frowned, rubbing both her hands over her stomach in nervous habit, her legs slightly shaking due to how cold it had been outside seeing as she was still in her dress.

"i'm gonna go check on her. just... please stay here in case he decides to talk. he does this a lot, he usually just needs someone to talk to when he's ready," she explained, stopping in front of his door. "hyuck, i'm going to find mikyung. jings here, when you're ready to talk," she called after knocking on the door, offering jing a smile and a thumbs up before disappearing into the house again.

jing wasn't sure what she should say. or if she should even say anything at all. she hoped she hadn't come here for no reason again.

"i was actually invited this time," she decided to say, immediately cringing at her choice of words. "sorry that's stupid, do you mind if i come inside? or should i just stand outside the door?" she did not sound like herself at all. it confused her, how unconfident and unsure she sounded.

the click of the doors lock and the loud creak that resonated through the quiet hall pulled her out of her out of her thoughts. there was no one behind it by the time she looked up, and the room was only illuminated by the purple led lights he had lining his bed and the small lamp on his desk.

"cool room," she nodded to herself, closing the door behind her and leaning on it. "i kind of expected it to look like some frat boys room not gonna lie," she muttered, folding her arms.

the room fell silent. donghyuck was sat on the side of his bed, legs pulled to his chest and eyes a void. it was like he was there, but he wasn't.

"i know i might be the last person you wanna talk to right now, but i'm a great listener i promise," she spoke softly as she cautiously walked closer to the male, watching him with weary eyes as she did so. "and i promise i'm not mad at you anymore... sort of," she included, scrunching her face up at her odd choice of words.

instead of speaking, the male let his legs fall from his chest and reached out, holding onto her wrist with a straight face. he wasn't looking at her. his head stayed down and there was a permanent frown on his lips. it was weird seeing him so crestfallen.

"what happened?" jing asked out of worry, stepping as close as she could get without knocking into his legs. she let out a startled noise when donghyuck slowly pulled his arms around her middle, hugging her body towards his.

the close proximity made her heart drop in a less than delightful way, her breath shallowing. and when he spoke, it took everything for her not to immediately embrace him fully.

"there's something seriously wrong with me," his voice was shaky and breathy, a vast contrast to his usual soft and upbeat tone. "like seriously."

"what do you mean?" jing wasn't exactly an expert on comforting people, but she was gonna damn well try. she cradled his head, caressing his hair softly. "are you sick?" it was a stupid, but valid question. truly she had no idea how this conversation would go.

"no," he sighed, pushing his face further into the material of her shirt. "i just...i'm sorry. i'm so sorry." he muttered, his words unsure and wobbly. jing furrowed her brows, pulling back to look down at the male.

"for what?" she whispered, scared to raise any kind of volume in the quiet room. he looked up at her with a frown, clearly upset.

"i'm a jerk. a terrible jerk." he concluded, eyes screwing shut. jing pursed her lips, pulling more away from him so she could sit next to him instead of towering over him. they were about the same height, but talking to him while he sat wasn't the most ideal situation.

"i have a feeling this isn't about you being a jerk to me a few days ago," she hummed, rubbing his back slowly. "do you wanna talk about it? or do you want me to do what i do with chenle and distract you?" she leaned into him, attempting to look at his face instead of the side of it.

"how would you do that?" he bit his lip, a confused look finding his face. jing smiled, pulling a set of keys out of her purse and dangling them above the male.

"i have a few ideas."

i've had such bad writers block bruh someone save me 😞