ɴɪɴᴇᴛᴇᴇɴ

•••

•••

      Eleanor didn't sleep that night despite her exhaustion. Instead she stayed up tossing and turning, something felt off and she couldn't figure out what it was. It was like something was missing.

     So when the sun came up finally, she pushed herself out of bed and walked into the kitchen to pour herself some coffee, jumping when she saw Lorenzo sitting at the table with a Wolverine mug, no doubt filled with coffee spiked bourbon, "morning mama wolf," he grinned.

     "You scared me," Eleanor scolded him, placing her hand on her heart.

     Lorenzo chuckled at her, taking a sip of his mostly alcoholic drink, "what are you doing today?" he asked her after a few seconds of them silently drinking their coffees.

     "Taking Liam to school and thinking about skipping lacrosse practice," she answered, walking over and taking a seat next to him so she could prop her feet onto his legs.

     "Well do you wanna show me around town?" he asked, "we can take my truck," he added with a wiggle of his eyebrows, knowing how much she loved driving the old 1966 Ford F100.

     "If I'm showing you around we're taking Liam out of school for the day," Eleanor told him which only made his smile grow.

     "Great," Lorenzo said, "I'd love to get to know your non-werewolf brother," he told her.

     Eleanor gave him a look that he could only describe as a "mom glare", "no talking about the supernatural around him," she said, "and no alcohol either," she added, taking his mug and standing up to dump it out.

     "There wasn't any in that," Lorenzo whined.

    "Oh please, I could smell it even if I wasn't a werewolf," she deadpanned, "now go put a shirt on."

     "Okay mom," he playfully groaned, standing up and pressing a kiss to the top of her head as he walked into the guest room where he had put his duffel bag only to scream and slam the door shut.

     "Enzo!" Veronica screeched.

     "Put a sock on the doorknob!" he yelled back, "is it safe for me to come in and grab a shirt?"

     "Give us a minute!" James called, tripping as he scurried around the room to grab clothes for both him and Veronica.

     "What is all the yelling about?" Derek groggily asked, finally joining the Van Doren pack upstairs from where he had moved his stuff downstairs.