Chapter 10, Animal

next update Friday!
Also I don't know any chapter name ideas at all😭

-----------------

Wednesday POV

we came back to Nevermore and were at Ajax's and Xavier's dorm, we were meeting the cat me and Xavier practically saved.

The cat was undeniably adorable, Im pretty sure the type of breed it is, is a main coon, by the appearance of course.

The cat was very tired and sleepy like every other cat but I have not seen the cat awake on its own, not yet.

"Got em!" Xavier almost shouted, they lost him for a moment. Xavier came out of the bathroom, shutting the lights off and closing the door, He dropped the cat down on the floor while doing so.

He picked up the cat once again and walked towards us, aka Bianca, me, Enid, Eugene, Ajax, Kent.

"Oh my gosh!" Enid squealed, "calm down," Xavier chuckled, "sorry." Enid apologized, turning her volume down as needed.

I sat next to Bianca, in front of the end of Xaviers bed. Enid was next to Bianca as well just a bit farther. Kent and Ajax sat on the end of Ajax's bed, Eugene sat on the floor close to Enid.

Xavier set the cat down in the middle of all of us, two hands already started tto pet the cat gently, the cat didn't seem to mind and look around, trying to analyze us.

The cat looked at me and took steps toward me slowly, it meowed as he looked at me, closer. "Hello." I muttered, putting my hand out slowly.

"Wednesday seems to attract cats huh?" Kent laughed, Ajax laughed along, as if making fun of me, I took it as sarcasm since it was, not taking any offense.

The cat rubbed itself on my hand and purred lightly, the cat then walked around in the middle, the rest of the group was talking about the cat, I took no attention to it however. I just looked at the cat and thought more of the murderer, I was a bit worried the cops didn't have it under control like last year, the victims all had stab wounds however, not beast marks or anything like that.

"Wednesday?" A familiar voice whispered right next to me, I looked in the direction, on my right immediately, "Sorry, did I scare you?" Xavier smiled, rubbing his head.

"No." I whispered back, "Do you like Cheshire?" He smiled lightly, looking at the cat. "That's what you named it?" I asked, I wasn't familiar with the name, "What does it mean?" I added, "you never watched Alice in wonderland!? You really should. His name is Cheshire from the cat, Cheshire in the movie." He whispered back, surprised.

"Oh, maybe I should." I agreed, I'd like to know the character. A few moments of silence while the others spoke, I looked at the cat still admiring it, im guessing Xavier was doing the same.

"You still hanging out later, with me?" He ended the silence, still whispering. "Yeah." I said, I wasn't sure but I was guessing I would.

"Great, cool." Xavier chocked, after yet again more moment of silence between us, "Oh shit, I have to be somewhere, see you guys!" Bianca stood, "with Lucas?" Enid teased, Bianca rolled her eyes and smiled, blushing.

she left and then Enid, Eugene, Ajax, Kent, all left. Ajax and Kent went to the park, the rest had homework or just plans.

"So... You not busy at the moment huh?" Xavier laughed lightly, smiling. "not really, I could be writing my book however, I realized Thing wasn't on my shoulder right now, "Where's Thing?" I asked.

Xavier looked around quickly, "No idea." he replied, I looked under Xaviers bed and there Thing was, playing with Cheshire.

"Thing come on." I reached my hand out, Thing turned to me signing, 'I would rather play with the cat' "we have to leave Thing, you can see the cat later." I sounded a bit annoyed.

Thing flipped me off and continued to play with the cat. I got up off my knees, "Thing doesn't want to leave, just text me when he's not playing with Cheshire anymore." I said, walking towards the door, "alright! See you!" Xavier called out, as I left.

I just realized, I never told Xavier to text me about anything, no one unless it's Enid. I was weirded out a bit before remembering I only said it to know about Thing.

I started to overthink about it and just brushed it off as soon as I got back to my room, only a few hours before I had to go to Xaviers shed.

It was time I should be there, I was already running late but I didn't bother running. I was on the path wearing a black sweater, and black leggings.

It was quite cold and the fog almost started to cover everything I could see, I wasn't worried however. I continued on the path, I already memorized the way to the shed.

It soon started to mist, I was starting to get a little annoyed they didn't add light posts around here, I did like the dark however.

I finally arrived at the shed, It rained a bit more harder than when it started, I knocked once on the door, normally when I did Xavier would immediately open it.

He didn't this time however. I heard a distant scream, sounding far from me. I looked the direction and started to run towards it, it might be someone in serious danger.

I ran as fast as I could, I ended up in the forest, I heard a shout, hard to hear what they said but they said something along the words "spare me" and a couple of other words, It sounded like a man.

I ran closer and closer until I saw someone on the ground and a dark figure in front of them holding something above them.

It was very dark and I could hardly see. "Plea-" the man said, The dark figure in front of him had lowered his hand quickly, the man started to gag, I realized he had just been stabbed.

I made a noise with cracking the branches and leaves for a split second, I was trying to hide in order for the murderer not to see me. I heard a flash of a camera, taking a picture.

it went dead silent once I made noise, I heard the dark figure inching closer and closer towards me. I was a bit scared.

Soon police sirens started going off, the figure must have ran off due to the fast steps, the steps soon faded, getting farther and farther from me.

—————————

Maybe I'll update on Wednesday🤭 also tysm for reading this chap! I'm trying to quickly finish this since I want to write this other story, sorry if it seems rushed!