chapter 2 • he was doing his best to be nice in the best way he knew how too

Começar do início

but cherry wasn't gonna do that.

she was gonna play jay worse than he did to flor; she was gonna play him worse than he'd played any other girl before.

because he deserved it.

and because she was bored.

what else did she have to do, anyways?

when cherry was snapped back into reality, jay and nate were shouting the word bro at each-other.

"why do they have, like, 3 and a half brain cells combined?" cherry questioned.

"3 and a half?" nikki laughed. "that's being giving."

cherry smiled. "oh my god, why is everyone here except him funny? i love almost all of you!"

"come on, babe! it's a fourth of july miracle! with beer!" nate grinned.

"why are we still talking? let's go tap that keg and get stupid!" gwen suggested.

"oh, no. we don't have a tap." nate realized. "and without a tap, the beer is.. trapped!"

"would a kiss make it better?" nikki tilted her head.

"not unless you have a mouthful of beer! do you?"

"no, i don't."

cherry pulled out her lipgloss. "fuck, i left my tap at home!"

"why do you own a tap?" leia questioned.

"because i needed one! it was red, and it had a hello kitty sticker on it."

"of course it did."

the group tried to brainstorm ideas.

ozzie and nate sat in front of the barrel, nikki and leia watched, and gwen criticized from the couch.

cherry carefully applied her lipgloss.

"what flavor is that?" jay asked, staring at her lips.

"shut the fuck up." cherry said, and shoved her lipgloss into her pocket.

"oh, i haven't tried that one."

"whore."

jay scoffed.

nate failed once more at trying to open the keg.

"wait, why can't we just go back to mama's and get a tap?" leia questioned.

"we've all tried to buy her from her, but she's tough." jay leaned against cherry's chair. "i mean, i even hit her with the hey, girl. nothing!"

"hey, girl isn't working on anyone." cherry scoffed.

"it just worked on me."

"you're disgusting."

"i'm whatever you want me to be."

cherry scooted away from him, and he jumped over the couch and sat next to her.

she switched seats, and he followed.

"get away from me, nasty ass." cherry stopped him.

"you know, you're making me almost not like you!" jay glared at her.

"thank fucking god."

"almost."

cherry rolled her eyes.

jay rolled his eyes back.

"what if we get a laser?" nate suggested.

"we're not getting a laser!" nikki cut him off.