And you take your time

And you do your crime

Well you made your bed

I'm in mine

The rest of the band and I joined in the chorus, pumping up the crowed even more.

(Chorus)

Because when I arrive

I bring the fire

Make you come alive

I can take you higher

What is this, forgot?

I must now remind you

Let It Rock

Let It Rock

Let It Rock

I moved in front of Luis, taking the singing lead while playing the guitar.

Now the son's disgraced

He, who knew his father

When he cursed his name

Turned, and chased the dollar

But it broke his heart

So he stuck his middle finger

To the world

To the world

To the world

(Several people stuck their middle fingers out)

And you take your time

And you stand in line

Well you'll get what's yours

I got mine!!!!

I blasted my guitar over the screaming crowed and we broke to chorus

(Chorus)

Because when I arrive

I bring the fire

Make you come alive

I can take you higher

What is this, forgot?

I must now remind you

Let It Rock

Let It Rock

Let It Rock

I felt the rush completely take me over. I loved this feeling. I strummed the notes on my guitar, grnning like a loon and jumping up and down, head banging. Our listeners were going wild as well, throwing their hands in the air and waving them. My band mates and I grinned at each other.

I saw Austen, still surrouned by those annoying women, but his eyes were on me. I felt his gaze pierce thru me like a knife. I faltered a bit, blushing when Luis shot me a sharp look as he sang. He'd seen my little slip.

Austen was close enough to the stage for me to see his lips curve into a devilish smirk. A smirk that said "I see you and I know you want me."

What the hell? That was NOT an Austen look. Was I seeing things?

"Let it rock!" The crowed shouted. "Let it rock!"

The song ended and our pumped up crowed screamed, clapping. My band mates waved at them, shouting and grinning. My eyes were on Austen however and he raised a hand and gave me a little wave. A taunting wave.

What the hell was going on?

I didn't even bother with the pats on the back and the congrats back stage. I made my way to Austen and he watched me, waiting.

"So? What do you think?"

"You were great," Austen smiled slowly, a cat like smile. "How do you feel?"

I ignored the giggling girls around us, suddenly excited. "I feel great! Did you see us! We were rocking this joint!"

Austen ruffled my hair affectionalty. "That's great, Vals. I'm really happy for you."

I stared at him. Austen had never ruffled my hair before, it was weird...but strangely nice.

"All right you crazy people!" The announcer came back on stage. "Who amongst you is brave enought to come on stage and sing to the rest of us! Huh? Any takers! Come on, don't be scared!"

The crowed laughed, nudging each other nervously. The club had its own regular band when they weren't letting amateur bands play on stage. Sometimes they liked to pick on poor unsuspecting victims to come up and sing.

"I'll do it," Austen said suddenly.

My jaws dropped.

What!