Chapter 11 - Against jjk - First Half

Start from the beginning

Medea paid no attention and just kept walking with a neutral face.

Regaining his composure, he followed Medea until he couldn't see Nobara and Artoria anymore.

"Begin?" He heard Medea say.

He nodded, but looked in shock as the sky was suddenly full of strange circles. Then, torrents of light rained down upon him.

When he looked in front, Medea was already a distance away from him.

Megumi was always a level-headed person, so he calmly thought of ways to defend against this.

Escape is no option since it covers such a wide area. I can only defend but which has enough endurance for this?

Megumi had a technique called the [Ten Shadows Technique]. It is a technique passed down in the Zenin family which Megumi inherited, allowing him to summon up to ten different potential shikigami using his shadows as an intermediary. It also grants the use overall manipulation of shadows, allowing Megumi to hide in shadows or store objects within his own.

Thinking of something, hundreds of rabbits appeared around him in a globe pattern, defending against the onslaught. Although, this was only temporary.

She uses long-range attacks, so perhaps she is weak in hand-to-hand combat.

Making up his mind, he dashed forward, still using rabbits as a shield.

Medea seeing this, began to back up and aimed all the circles on him, but still to no avail. It seemed like he was too quick for the magic to reach him, and the rabbits were quite effective. Moreover, it seemed like there was an infinite amount of them.

I don't want to use any of the skills I was given until the last moment. If I only use the strength I had before I was summoned, would I win?

This was the thought process of Medea before and during the battle. She knew that if she used the given power, she would no doubt win, but that would defeat the purpose of learning from battle, just as she was told by Artoria.

Even during their spars, both never used their given power, only their own, which caused rapid and effective improvement. Medea wished to do the same here as well.

So she was surprised and on guard when Megumi arrived in front of her. He then put his hands together, and a massive dog appeared.

"[Divine Dog: Totality]"

This was one of Megumi's strongest offensive abilities, enough to even contend against special-grade cursed spirits.

It's fangs aimed at Medea, who then teleported 5 metres backwards, before she waved her hand and torrents of fire fanned towards them.

The fire burnt all the rabbits but Megumi didn't care since he was able to make more. Furthermore, he was already close enough that raining explosions down would do more harm than good for her.

"[Max Elephant]" Huge torrents of water escaped an elephant's trunk. This was also one of the spirits embodied in this technique, able to release huge volumes of water.

Unfortunately, it wasn't enough as the flames didn't go out.

"[Toad]"

Alarmed, he was quickly pulled away before the area he was at became engulfed in flames.

He wasn't unscathed however, since his uniform and his right arm was burnt.

He looked at such an injury, then sighed.

This is going to be a long day.

...

Currently, Artoria was in quite the predicament.