✧Chapter 12: Snow falls

A/N: This is Kazahana, your Kasugai Owl.

In Japanese, Kazahana means snow flurry. In kanji, the two characters that make up this word up are 風 (kaza, wind) and 花 (hana, flowers). So a flurry of snowflakes is similar to white flowers drifting in the wind. When you rescued Kazahana, it was lightly flurrying and her small feathers were soft like flower petals too. So you thought this name fit her perfect.She is a barn Owl that was transported over to Japan from America when she was only about a week old. Ever since then, you two have been inseparable.

~✧☽❄☾✧~

A few hours later, after Kazahana came back, she delivered you with a small note tied to her leg.

"Alright [Y/N], I wish you luck in your endeavors and hope you return safely soon. Good luck, Urokodaki Sakonji"

You set down the sheet of paper and looked out the window.

Kazahana flew and landed on your shoulder and snuggled her face onto the side of your head.

She adored you so much.

When you found her she was about to be killed by poachers.

Her and her family had been transported over to Japan from America and one her siblings had bitten one of the men.

Enraged, he decided to kill it but because they all looked the same as young chicks, so he was about to kill her instead.

You were en route, arriving to a town being plagued by a demon and encountered this mess.

You came just in time to save Kazahana but one of the men took the box of her siblings and ran away on horseback. Supposedly, by overhearing their conversations, those owls were worth a large sum of money.

She didn't have a Mother now, nor her siblings any longer, so you took care of her.

You then had the brilliant idea to have her as your corps bird.

Granit, she was an owl so she couldn't copy sounds and learn how to talk like crows and ravens can, but you submitted her to the corps to be trained.

So now she communicates with squawks.

She uses something like morse code, using a sequence of squawks and chirps to communicate.

So while she underwent training and you were still on missions, during your free time which was mostly only traveling from one destination to another, you learned morse code as well.

And anyways, you'd understand what she says regardless of morse code.

Her body mannerisms and chirps are like real words to you.

Some people might say you had a gift for understanding the dialect of a bird.

Over the next few weeks, you perfected Winter breathing.

Learning and performing the style is one thing, but doing it with good quality was another.

'Hm... he only created five...'

Your eyes lit up and you got a wonderous idea.

'Why don't I make more breathings forms? Not too many, maybe only a couple more but... this may possibly work!' you thought.

You walked in circles in your room before grabbing your Fathers journal and looking at all the notes he wrote when making Winter breathing.

You never knew how much effort went into making these.