✧Chapter 4: Moving on

~✧☽❄☾✧~

The cream worked very nicely on the frostbitten areas. At first, it slightly stung but after a few minutes the stinging went away and most likely began working on the wound. You were a very deductive person so you wondered if maybe it helped speed up the healing process but maybe also helped clear the spreading or growing bacteria/germs.

 Anyways, regardless of what it did, you were very grateful. And thankfully it cleared away the itchy feeling and that had been bugging you a lot these past few days. Oddly enough, based off of Urokodaki's guess, even though you were stuck in the snow for at least an hour the frostbite didn't do much to your legs.

Most people already would have had to amputate their legs due to the fact that the cold had already began eating away at their flesh thus resulting in their bodily tissue rotting. And once the tissue is dead it cannot be salvaged. Thankfully for you, it only affected the first layer of your skin and not any further. Maybe your odd resistance to the cold payed off.

After a few days of applying the cream to your legs, and walking around the house and occasionally outside to help unstiffen your sore and stiff body, your legs were feeling much better.

Urokodaki said that for most, a recovery from a first degree frostbite would most likely take up to six or more weeks. So he seemed satisfactory when he saw unprecedented recovery rates when you began using the cream.

----

It had been maybe about two weeks and a half since you had arrived at Urokodaki's cabin.

"[Y/N]-san... I have something I must ask of you..." Urokodaki stated quite grimly.

You looked up at him and you were slightly worried.

You tilted you head in a way that showed you were listening and imploring him to continue speak.

He heavily sighed "So as you might remember, when you first arrived here I mentioned about the conditions I found you in...as well as your family" He stopped to give you a moment to process this information.

"Are you still thinking about taking me up on my offer... of bringing you to your home to say your prayers?..."

"..."

You contemplated it. Did you really want to see their graves? Did you truly want to set in stone permanently in your mind that they truly are gone?

But you'd also feel bad if you didn't go. You'd feel ashamed if you didn't offer prayers to your own family's graves. You needed to do this.

"Yes Urokodaki-san, I accept your offer. When will we be leaving?"

"We will leave tomorrow morning so we could be back by the end of the day"

Nodding, you stiffly walked back to your room. Giyuu and Sabito once again were out training so today it was just you and Urokodaki.

Here recently you had taken up the habit of drawing. You were decent at drawing, but not an expert. But you couldn't necessarily say that you were bad at it either.

Mostly, your drawings consisted of random images you'd receive in your dreams or nightmares. Some of them were watered down versions of the traumatic memories of that night and others were depictions of random places or objects.

They were random and inconsistent. You only really drew when you got those visions. So here you were, in your shared room, drawing alone.