False Imposition

Kelly sighed as her dad didn't answer his phone for the hundredth time

Kelly sighed as her dad didn't answer his phone for the hundredth time. She put her phone away and walked into Empire to find her mom. She asked around and found her mom in a room full of boxes.

"This is your office?" she asked, looking around.

"It's temporary baby" Cookie looked at her as Kelly hugged Porsha.

Kelly hugged her mom next and kissed her cheek before helping her unpack some stuff. As they did so, there was a knock on the door and Tiana walked in.

"This is the office they gave you?" Tiana asked, looking around just as Kelly did.

"It's temporary," Cookie repeated again, waving her hand.

"That's wrong" Tiana whispered causing Kelly to laugh.

"What do you want, Tiana?" Cookie asked.

"I was wondering if you could listen to my new demo...you know...if you're not busy" Tiana told her as Kelly leaned against the wall watching Tiana closely and Tiana could feel it but she didn't say anything.

"Porsha, get her something to drink. Have a seat" she looked at Tiana who sat down.

"So, why do you want me to hear your song?" Cookie asked Tiana while Kelly went sit next to her.

"Well, it needs something, and I don't know what it is," Tiana said back, glancing at Kelly who smiled at her.

"Why didn't you ask Anika what it needs?" Kelly shook her head at her mom.

"She's a suit" Tiana shrugged. "And that song you pulled for Jamal was dope. Is he your only client or are you working with other people too?"

"Tiana, sweetheart. I own half of this company and I will be moving out of this little hell hole soon. Soon as Lucious can remember that I'm the one who deserves to be across that hall from him." Cookie ranted and the two girls sitting down looked at each other, chuckling a bit. "Let me hear that song"

"It's called Keep It Movin' The hook is good but...you'll see" Tiana explained more.

Cookie and Kelly listened as the song started playing in the speakers. Kelly nodded her head to the beat, smiling as she liked the song.

‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗

Kelly walked, more like stormed, into her dad's office as he was talking with Hakeem.

"We need to talk" she said, crossing her arms annoyed.

"Kelly, your brother and I are having an important discussion right now" Lucious said, looking at his daughter who looked just like her mother when she wasn't happy.