77 : h e r . l e t t e r s

Start from the beginning

The boys had not expected the mail from Fairy Tail, especially for Natsu to have Mest delivery it to them personally and quickly. They decided it was best to open it away from the rest of the guild and they were happy that they did.

The air throughout Sting's office felt so thick it clung to their skin. They had both been hoping to reconnect with the Phoenix Slayer after getting most of their memories back over the last year, and this letter just showed that she had wanted that too. She had never stopped thinking about them or worrying about them, even when they were absolute jerks to the other people that she loved and cared about.

"Once I send out the next round of request forms, I'm going to go visit."

"Yeah," Rogue agreed, even when neither of them raised their gaze from the guild master's desk.

Dear Sting & Rogue,

I'm sorry that I didn't write you separate letters, but you've always come as a pair. Even when you were little, I would refer to you as "the boys" because you were a packaged deal.

Since I know that Natsu, Wendy, and Gajeel have started remembering, I assume you have as well. I'm sure you have questions and I'm sorry I'm no longer around to answer them, but I can tell you that I'm proud of you two.

You both took the long road, but it helped you grow into strong and caring young men. You have been able to reshape Sabertooth into a family and not just a wizarding guild. You've both done so much and I know there is still so much greatness awaiting you.

Keep leading them in the light as the wonderful guidemaster you are, Sting. Rogue, don't let him get his head stuck too high in the clouds.

(P.S.: Still can't get over how much older you both are compared to Wendy now...)

||~x~||

The old Gajeel would have asked him when he became such a crybaby, but he was proud of how far he had come from that punk who only lived for himself. He had hoped that Kia was proud of him too, even if their conversation during the war on Tenrou gave him hope that she was. She had always been like a big sister to him, especially when she would appear out of nowhere to knock his and Salamander's heads together for scaring the younger Dragon Slayers.

He looked down over Magnolia from his perk near the farmhouse guild hall.

Dear Gajeel,

I know I haven't been around you as much, but it wouldn't have felt right not writing to you, especially since you've started remembering life before the Eclipse Gate. But you haven't really needed me around have you? I know I used to give Metalicana crap for his stiff parenting, but you turned out just fine. All of you did.

I don't know if you realize how happy I was when I heard you had joined Fairy Tail, even if I worried for the guild's safety having you and Natsu under the same roof. Memories or not, I knew your instincts would make you start butting heads again.

But what I wanted to say was I'm sorry for just disappearing and not helping you fill in the holes in your memory. I know it's bothering the crap out of you, but time should fix it. I know you're strong and stubborn enough.

Speaking of stubborn, will you please get over everything that's happened and ask Levy out?! It's almost painful watching the two of you. I would bet that when Lily isn't finding it amusing he's pulling out his own fur.

I know that you're smarter than most people give you credit for and you have an enormous heart, those along with that iron skull of yours will get you through the war and its aftermath.