CH09 I BELIEVE YOU!!

Start from the beginning

She felt embarrassed for waking him up.

“No. Please go back to sleep. We don’t start for another forty-five minutes.”

“It’s all right. I’ll see you in a bit.”

“Okay.” She ended the call and smacked her forehead with her palm. “Such an Einstein you are, Akshara.”

She looked at the alarm panel to make sure it was turned off before she walked around the open space. Relieved that nothing went off this time, she took in the chilly morning air and was blown away by the beauty of the space.

“Wow,” she said looking at the sun coming up over the hills at a distance. She walked through the covered porch lined with the plants toward the railing. She could not believe the view from the terrace and was lost in thought until she sensed movement behind her.

“Good morning,” his voice was soft.

She turned to look at him, still feeling embarrassed about waking him up so early.

“I’m so sorry.”

“Akshara, cut it out. It’s no big deal. Here is your coffee.”

He placed the mug of piping hot liquid in her hand and sat on one of the patio chairs. She sat across from him and noticed him cringe as he sat down.

“Are you okay?”

He nodded taking a sip of his coffee.

“I think I pulled a muscle with all the dancing.”

“Oh, where?” She leaned forward to look at his leg.

“I’m fine. I just need to stretch it out.”

“I’ll help you warm up and stretch before we start the practice today.”

“Sure. Sounds like I have no escape now.” He grinned.

“This is a beautiful view.” She took a sip of her coffee.

“I love it, too, just don’t spend enough time here.”

She looked around the space they were in and asked,

“You let Anisha design only the outdoors, how come?”

He snorted. “I didn’t like what she wanted to do on the inside.”

She smiled. “What happened to the loving brother?”

He shook his head. “Loving but not blind.”

“Was she upset?”

He chuckled.

“Oh, she didn’t talk to me for a week, and then I had to make her one of her favourite dishes and offer a peace treaty. So, we settled for the outdoors.”