Chapter 14: First Night

⚠️ED and ofc more talks of su!c!de

You met Remus and he escorted you into his room. You entered the room and it surprisingly clean. Bed neatly done. Books arranged nicely. Not a spek of dust in sight. Room smells like chocolate, books, and hint of cologne. Maybe this won't be so bad. Something that really caught your attention was the fact that was only one bed.

"uh y/n, you'll be sleeping here." He pointed to the bed.

"but there's only one bed sir."
"oh that's okay. I'll be sleeping here."

He took out a mattress and laid it down along with one pillow and a blanket.

"uh you know, I could just sleep there since this isn't really my room anyway."
"um ... no no I want you to sleep here. The mattress isn't comfortable and by the time you wake up tomorrow you're gonna be complaining about your back. so sleep here."
"but-"
"end of discussion. unpack your bag."

He cut you off and left. After you unpack your bag, Remus was still not back yet. You decided to walk around and explore the room. It was really clean for a man who has to wake up at the crack of dawn everyday and deal with full moons. You decided to take one of the books from the shelf and read it until Remus comes back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You read the last page of the book and your stomach is not really cooperating. You tried to ignore it but nothing was working. You checked the clock.
17:40
Wow time really flies in here. You've been here for a little over an hour. Not even a minute later, Remus walked through the door with a tray full of food.

"i see you spent your time well here." He smiled. He put 2 chairs across each other and a table in between. i don't like this layout. "come. take a seat." You took a seat across and looked at the tray full of food. Mashed potatoes. Honey chicken wings. Corn. Ice cream. Greens. Steak. Seafood. Cut fruits.

"well, bon appetite."

You took a scoopful of mashed potatoes, one wing and one corn. You haven't eaten this much in a while. Your hands were practically shaking just by holding the wing. Remus was just looking at you to see what you would do and he expected this. He moved his chair next to you.

"hey sweetheart. you don't have to force yourself. I don't want you to feel all this needs to be finished because of me okay ? When was the last time you ate ?"
"on- one- week ago"
"hm. that's not really healthy, is it? listen, you don't have to eat much ... just a little to get your digestive system working again alright ?"
You took a half a spoon of mashed potatoes and kind of gagged at the thought of swallowing it. You eventually managed to swallow it forcefully and put your spoon down. Remus was still watching in case of anything. You looked at Remus and showed that you can't eat anymore. He nodded and took the plate away from you.

of course you being you, you started crying. (we're a depressed bitch what do you expect) Remus gave you a tight hug and you broke down even more.

"okay okay. hey hey hey. shh... you're okay you're okay. im so proud of you. im so god damn proud of you."
"im sorry Remus. im sorry for putting you through this. why won't you let me die ..."
That broke him.
"listen to yourself sweetheart. you're basically asking me to let you go and give up on you. and my promise to you was to always be there for you no matter how long it takes."

You sniffed and wanted to reply but your eyes were already half closed and eventually fell asleep. Remus saw you getting some rest and carried you to bed, tucked you in and kissed your forehead. "Goodnight y/n." He quietly cleaned everything and called it a night.

A/N - Guys, im rlly serious abt this. pls pls if u feel suicidal or just having a bad day even. Talk to someone. I can't emphasise this enough. Talking to someone might just save someone's life. So pls. You never know what another person is going through unless you talk to them. If any of you really do not have anyone, talk to me. I'm always available. Yes. I might reply late because of timezones and school but i would 100% reply. So pls if you are having thoughts, bad days. talk to someone. Heck, even if you're having a good day and want to share about it. Do that. Do whatever that makes you feel loved and appreciated. I am proud of you and always will be. ❤️