Chapter 2: The feast

We all got off the Hogwarts express and heard Hagrid shouted "First years this way follow me!" All the second to seventh years went the opposite way towards the carriages. The carriage moved by themselves towards Hogwarts.

Once we reached there, we settled everything down before going to the Great Hall for the feast. The sorting ceremony started and 11 Gryffindors were added. Before the feast started Dumbledore gave a speech saying that Professor R.J. Lupin will be the new DADA and said that dementors will be everywhere outside the castle and warned the students not to go out. I was devastated since I can't see the Hogwarts castle anymore.

The feast started and everyone was stuffing their faces with food and for me well, I just ate a handful of mashed potatoes. I didn't even eat it I was just playing around with the food.

At the corner of my eye I saw someone staring at me. At first I thought it was just a nasty Slytherin trash talking about me but when I looked up I saw professor Lupin staring at me with a concerned look while chewing on some food. To not make it look suspicious I took a spoonful of mashed potatoes and gag at the thought of swallowing it but I did it anyway. Harry places his hands on my thigh and smiles at me. I return him with a weak smile and continued playing with the food.

Once the feast finished we all went back to our dorms and changed into our pajamas and I went over to Hermione's bed to talk to her before bed. In the middle of both of us talking we heard a knock on our door to see Percy giving out the timetables.

For the first period I had Divination then Care for Magical Creatures and lastly Defense against the dark arts. I looked at Hermione's timetable and I was shock. "'Mione you have transfiguration and divination at the same time. Not only that u also have potions and DADA at the same time. How are u gonna manage it all!" I exclaimed. Hermione just giggle and said "don't worry y/n I'm Hermione I'll know how" I roll my eyes and smile."Whatever I'm going to bed. Night 'mione" "Night y/n/n"