Chapter 7

Jack's POV

Once I left the Salvatore boarding house, I went down to the grill. I walked over to the bar. The bartender was a muscular brunette with blue eyes. He said his name was Matt. I tried to compel myself a bottle of vodka and one of whiskey, but he gave me them on the house. He whispered that he already knew about the vampires in Mystic Falls. He went to call the "Scooby Doo Gang" as Nik calls them, but I opened my vodka bottle and began the trip home. I had left my motorcycle at the boarding house as running is faster.

I walked home enjoying the pace and quiet of the empty streets. As I got closer to the Mikaelson Manor, I heard Eli calming Nik. By now I was halfway through my bottle of vodka. The alcohol had started taking effect a while back. As I walked in I realized just how drunk I was. I stumbled into the manor yelling, more like slurring, "Nik I'm home. And I brought apology drinks." I saw Jasper struggling to contain a laugh while the rest of the Cullens stared in shock at my outfit.

When I spotted Nik on the couch, I ran over to him and sat in his lap giggling and handed him the whiskey. He handed the bottle off to Eli as I handed the vodka to Bekka, who gladly started drinking, and stared at me awaiting the answer to his silent question. I simply smiled at him. Nik sighs and asks,"Where were you love. I thought something might've happened to you." I look him in the eyes and tell him,"I went to visit my friends, the Salvatore brothers. I spent the night talking about the past with them. Then, Damon brought up the sacrifice." I look down, avoiding his gaze. Nik sighs again, but drops the subject for now. "We'll cross that bridge when we get to it."

~~The Next Day~~

Bella and Elijah have become noticeably closer. I had a feeling that Eli might be Bella's true mate. Edward noticed their connection and has made it his life goal to keep them seperated. Eli being the noble original respected Edward's decision as Edward was Bella's current boyfriend. He didn't give up however. Whenever he could he would speak to Bella about her beliefs and opinions.

I pulled Jasper aside and asked what the pair felt toward each other. If they were mates, they would feel love, desire, comfort, maybe a bit of lust, and the mate pull. I was right. That's what they felt around each other, not including the lust on Elijah's part or the mate pull on Bella's. As Jasper focused on their feelings, he began to shift uncomfortably. I knew the strength of the mate pull was affecting him. I told him to go hunt and calm down as his eyes darkened slightly.

Next I pulled aside Alice. I asked her to see if Bella and Elijah would be together in the future while I blocked her mind from Edward. As I began chanting the spell, Alice's eyes glazed over and her expression became blank. A few minutes later, she shook her head a bit and looked sadly at me. She still sees Bella with Edward.

When we walked back to the others, Jasper had just walked in from hunting. Nik, Bekka, and Eli were talking in the corner too low for the Cullens to hear. I walked over and realized that Eli was now the center of attention.

"How the hell are we going to complete the sacrifice if you're busy worrying about some girl," Nik whisper yells. Eli calmly replies,"Bella had no relation to Elena, they don't even know each other. We can complete the sacrifice without harming Bella, can't we brother."

They had that under control for now. I walked over to Bella. She was talking about visiting her cousin who lives in town. I, being curious, offered to join her since Edward wouldn't let her go alone. He wasn't too fond of the idea of leaving Bella alone with me but agreed. We drove over in complete awkward silence. When we arrived and knocked on the door, you wouldn't believe who opened the door.