fifty-three

OTM

I haven't talked to Bey in months.

I don't know exactly how long it's been but it's been at least 2 months. It's working for me, my life has been so drama free since I cut her off.

Occasionally, we see each other when we're dropping the kids off at each others houses but we just smile at each other or say a quick hi.

I know she's in the process of getting divorced, Kelly and Beau told me. She's also in therapy, which is cool but that doesn't mean I'm going to get back with her. Especially since I know she's only doing it for that reason.

I'm not even worried about getting back with her, it'll happen if it happens. I just want us to be the best versions of ourselves, especially for our kids.

My friends are keeping me sane. I don't desire being in a relationship because I have them, I even stopped talking to my bigga as much. I let her come over for Giselle sometimes but there's nothing going on between us.

Tina's getting better too. She's still relearning how to walk and talk but with physical therapy, she's getting better quickly.

Her personality is a little different, she's nicer to me. It's like she stopped forcing herself to dislike me. She only calls me cute names like baby and honey, I love it so much.

I go to visit her all the time. Today, I got my hair done and went straight to her house after.

I was the happiest person ever using my key to unlock her door. I finally got a key made, it's not like she could stop me.

Kelly and Solo had to go back to lives and jobs so it only made sense for me to have one.

The first thing I heard when I walked inside was yelling. Strangely, it was Bey.

"I don't give a fuck! What am I paying you all this money for?!"

Oop. She sounds like me.

I walked past the kitchen where she was and went into the living room was there. Beau was on the couch playing a video game.

I walked up behind him and hit him upside the head. "What are you doing here?"

He didn't even look away from the screen. "Mama brought us all here, she doesn't trust me to watch Giselle alone after what happened."

"After what happened?"

"After I almost started that fire with a frozen pizza and she gave me a scar on my arm."

"I don't know anything about that." But it seems like a regular Tuesday for them, they do the same shit at my house.

"Why is your mom yelling?" She was still yelling, I was just tuning her out.

"I'm pretty sure she's on the phone with her divorce lawyer. She's still trying to get at least split custody of the unborn baby in Naomi's stomach."

"She's cussing a lot." More than I've ever heard her.

"Yeah, she has been. I've been trying to talk to her about something serious for like an hour but they're stressing her the fuck out."

"Something serious like what?" Why can't he talk to me?

"It's nothing, I just wanted to talk to her about something."

"Something you can't talk to me about?" I shouldn't even be pressing it this much but I thought we could talk about anything.

"Well... yeah."

"Why?"

"You and mama are just different. If I want to talk about serious, I go to her. If it's the opposite, I go to you. But y'all are just different, I can't talk to you about this. You would laugh."