fourteen

OTM

I fucking hated my job right now. Usually, I love it but I can't believe they had me doing this dumb shit.

I just wasted so many hours that I can't get back. Every couple months, there's this thick ass packet we have to fill out.

It's so we don't make any big mistakes but either way, it's complete bullshit. Some people even have to stay past midnight doing it, which is why it's on a Friday. I don't make mistakes so I have to fill all this data in for no reason.

The fact that I had to miss Beaus game is really what pissed me off, I wouldn't have minded it that much if it was any other week.

I think I might quit, I liked doing what I did what I could travel but now it actually feels like work and I'm not really happy here anymore.

I finished around 9:30 and I was worn the fuck out. That's almost a 12 hour work day.

I didn't turn my phone on until I got to my car. Bey was blowing my phone up, I had so many missed calls and texts from her. I read the texts before I called her to see what she was calling me like that for.

BM 🍑: Call me

BM 🍑: Onika call me seriously

BM 🍑: Why is your phone going straight to voicemail?

BM 🍑: Oh right I forgot you have that thing and your phone is off

BM 🍑: Well it's an emergency so call me when you see this please

An emergency? My mind started racing with possible scenarios so I called her right away.

She answered on the second ring. "Finally."

"What happened?"

"Well Beau got hurt during the game, we're at the hospital now."

"He did?! What happened?!" I put my car in drive and started driving to the hospital I knew they were at.

"He got tackled by a pretty big guy and his upper half moved and his legs moved after."

"So what's wrong?"

"Well we don't know yet. He's really high on pain medication because they had to kind of put his kneecap back into place. He might need to have surgery but they want to wait until we wakes up, they also need to give him an MRI."

"Surgery?!" I was sick for Beau. This is his senior year and last football season.

"He might just need to wear a brace and not walk for a couple weeks. It could be minor."

"But it could be major. I'm like half an hour away."

"Well breathe and calm down because you know how you drive. I'm here right now at the hospital looking at him, it's okay. He's alive and that's all that matters."

My road rage is different. "Okay, I'm calm." I wasn't calm.

"Do you want me to stay on the phone until you get here?"

"Yes please."

Bey talked to me the whole way to the hospital. It honestly made me more calm. She told me all the best case scenarios so I wasn't as worried.

When I got to the hospital, I hung up and went straight up to the room they were in because Bey already told me where it was.

Beau was asleep on a hospital. He kind of looked dead, if his chest wasn't moving I wouldn't be able to tell.

Bey looked like she was falling asleep in her seat but she sat up. "Hey. Come here."

I bit the inside of my mouth where my lips are to avoid saying anything inappropriate and walked over to her.