Talks, Walks, and Water Glocks

Start from the beginning

I feel like I wanna cry right now...

Suddenly, I hear movement behind me and look in its direction, just to find the exact person I was searching for, now lying on the bed. And, standing next to him is the Demon Lord Rimuru himself!

When did he get here?!

I've been caught teary-eyed and pacing around a room, rather than doing my job (or at least looking like I'm doing my job). It's not a good look, I know that, and I can only hope that Lord Rimuru will show me some mercy again.

"Lord Rimuru! I am so sorry to disturb you, I will leave right away so you can have some privacy!" I quickly say, bowing deeply to him.

"Hey, hey, calm down. Why do you seem so panicked?"

I don't even know where to start or how to explain myself, but I can't just not answer a Demon Lord asking me a direct question like this!

"I was...I...I entered this room to wake Sir Iruma, but he was not here until just a moment ago. I was unaware that he was with you, my Lord, so I may have gotten a bit worked up attempting to find him."

"And then I startled you by bringing him back so suddenly."

"No, my outburst was my fault, not yours, Lord Rimuru."

He lets out a small sigh at my words.

"Go back to your other duties for now. Iruma needs to sleep, so don't wake him up before the afternoon. If you need to clean this room, wait until after he's awake; I'm sure your supervisor would understand." he orders as he hastily throws a blanket over the sleeping teen in the room.

"Yes, of course, Lord Rimuru," I replied, bowing to him again before watching him exit the room.

Rimuru POV

After calming down Katelyn, I left Iruma's room and went to my office.

I sat there alone for some time just brooding about the events of the day, I've enjoyed most of them, but a single bit of mold can spoil an entire loaf of bread, ya know? I have a few things at the back of my mind I needed to remind myself of anyway. At the end of the week, after the festival, I'd definitely need to replenish the magicule count of the forest.

The magicule concentration of Jura was mostly held up by Veldora's aura in the past, both before and after he was sealed. His presence kept the place magicule rich, however with him no longer releasing his aura all the time, and all our magical devices in Tempest. Well, eventually that concentration dropped.

So to fix that, every once in a while, I go on a walk and release my aura in a controlled way.

I think I should be able to hold off till the end of the festival.

[[Magicule concentration of Jura has dropped below recommended levels. The events this year have been particularly taxing.]]

Well, never mind that idea. It seems like I'll need to take care of this sooner than I thought.

It's not that bad of a thing; an easy fix, really. Plus, right now? I feel like unwinding, so a walk would honestly be nice.

I'll spend some time out there then, Ciel. Thanks for telling me.

I'll leave the aura regulation to my trusty partner, though, so it will be more a job for Ciel rather than me. All I'm gonna do is go take a walk out in the forest; nothing special.

So, I stand up and go to one of my normal starting points. The city of Rimuru is pretty big these days, but the sealed cave can still be considered on the very edge of it. There aren't cars in my country after all, so the infrastructure is very dense. So, starting right on top of the mountain housing the sealed cave is a great place to look out upon the city, and also a great place from which to give my citizens a little light show. Why not, right? A festival is going on, so I think it's fitting to do my part and make a spectacle to enhance the mood.