The truth that meets you (3)

I don't know how long it took me to reach Banaha, but as soon as I caught sight of the the fort, I shouted at the guards for help.

"My friend is being attacked by bandits! Help!"

The knights looked at me along with the merchants who were showing their proof of identity for entry. When I reached the front of the gates, the horse conveniently halted to a stop.

"There are bandits near the border! You need to arrest them!" I muttered with an urgent voice.

The two knights in charge of checking the identity of visitors looked at each other with reluctant faces.

"Lady, there aren't any bandits near here." One of them finally spouted.

"I'm telling you-There are bandits at the edge of the forest! My companion is fighting them now. Even if you don't want to get involved, but will you really risk the safety of your townspeople!?" My voice grew louder, attracting a few other people near the gates.

"This-! Don't talk nonsense! We have already patrolled the vicinities last week and found no suspicious people!"

"Well, there are suspicious people now-!"

"What is this commotion about?" A slightly elderly man came out dressed in an armour different from normal knights. He must be of a higher rank.

"Sir, please send some of your men to the boundary. There are bandits. I beg of you..! My friend is in danger-" My voice shook at the end.

He raised a superficial brow. "Lady, you must be out of your mind. There are no bandits here." He then snorted then shook his head with a condescending look.

They don't believe me..? Or are they hiding something? I exhaled, feeling the heat get to me. I haven't been able to drink since a while ago, because I wanted to get here as fast as I can, and yet... This is a waste of time... But if I don't so something, what will happen to Azrael? "I'm... telling you there are bandits! I saw them with my own eyes!" I screamed at them in anger.

They refused to give me their attention and continued on with their business while assuring the other visitors of Banaha's safety. I was appalled at their reaction as I clenched the reigns in frustration. So much for being a knight!

"Horsey..." I caressed the animal's neck as I whispered. "If you're really smart as your master says you are, then follow my words-"

He snorted as if in response.

"Good boy... Now enter the gates." I narrowed my eyes at the knights in displeasure. If they won't help me, I'll find someone who will. Finally, I pulled the reigns and the horse ran past the knights, causing a larger ruckus as they swore at me. I broke past the standard procedure, and might get into trouble, but if I get to a guild first, then I might be able to get someone to help Azrael. Banaha is a developing town. There should be a hunter's guild somewhere.

As soon as we entered, I immediately shouted for help. "There are bandits near the border! If we don't act now, they will start stealing from us! They will soon come and attack us! We need to take action!" I don't know what the bandit's purpose is for being close to Banaha, but I doubt it isn't anything near close to what my guesses are. I didn't mention Azrael, because no one would be willing to help a stranger, but if I focus on the town as a casualty, then surely-...

"Knights, catch that crazy fool! She's spouting lies!" The elderly knight came running after me, but he was no match for the horse. Meanwhile, I continued shouting and asking for help, but was soon stopped by some knights in horses. Dammit... They're faster than I expected. 

They pointed their spears at my neck and told me to step down. I looked around the crowd, hoping for a friendly face, but none of their eyes showed any hint of being receptive.