Best Friends Vs. Little Sister

Maisie.

It's Sunday. Dax woke me up at 7am and was so excited I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't sleep at all. All night long I could feel him smoothing my hair. Not that I minded at all, sleeping on his chest and having him rub the top of my head was the most relaxing thing he could do. I slept like a baby.

But I still didn't want to be awake at 7am...

"Dax sweetie, one of the reasons we work so well together is because we both agreed we aren't morning people. Now go back to bed before I hurt you."

He laughs at me and I can feel him leaning back down on the bed. "You have to get up. We have to go all the way to Apia today."

I shoot up from my place on the bed. "Are you crazy! That's only a 30 minute drive from here! Nothing in the city opens till at least 10! It's Sunday and everyone's at church!" I was pulling my blanket back over my head at this point. He was crazy.

"Were we are going we have to be there at 9. And I know you. Your going to want to shower. Then your going to insist on having food or your going to act like a monster the whole day until you eat. And then after that your going to spend 30 minutes trying to pout and find out where we are going before I actually get you out the door."

Damnit.

I throw the blanket off my head to stare at the ceiling. He climbs on top of me and forces me to look right in my eyes. He is smiling like an idiot and I can tell how excited he is to do this with me. The twinkle in his perfect stupid little eyes cracks my lack of a morning person attitude and I sigh. I roll my head over and watch his face get even more excited. Clearly he knows he's won this round.

"How in the world do you know all that." I glare at him.

"Babe." He laughs. "Come on now. We've been sleeping and waking up together almost every day for almost a month now." He snorts. "Of course I'm gonna notice your morning routine."

"I've never noticed yours." I pout. And cross my arms.

"That's because you sleep in longer than I do. I'm dressed, showered and pampered by the time you wake up to go pee." He laughs. "Don't worry. You'll learn it eventually." He says getting off of me and pulling on my hands till I start falling from the bed.

"Dax!" I yell trying to pull away. But it's to late. He lets go and my face hits the hardwood floor of my room. "You .. did not... just... DROP ME." I scream, slowly I raise my head to glare at him and touch my forehead to rub away the pain of catching the floor with it. "You better run."

"Crap." He says. Then he turns and sprints out the door trying to find help. "Noah!"

"Get back here!" I yell taking off down the hall. I have no idea what I'm gonna do to him when I catch him, I just know I'm gonna catch him!

"Holy crap? Is Maisie awake before noon on a weekend?!" I hear Noah say in complete shock from the kitchen. As it comes into view I see Dax ducking down behind the island and Noah looks down at him and laughs. When he sees my face Noah pales. "What did I miss?"

"He dragged me from bed and then dropped me on my face!" I yell stomping my foot and pouting like a little girl before I fold my arms across my chest.

"So that's why your forehead is red." He starts laughing. I can hear Dax slap a hand over his mouth and snort from behind the counter. I myself find myself smirking.

"Alright. It's like that is it. The boyfriend and the brother.. ganging up together."

"No, the best friends are ganging up on the little sister!" Noah protests smiling. Slowly I start to move around the island. Noah kicks at Dax and as I turn I see his feet disappear and crawl around the corner as Noah steps around slowly and smirking.