Chapter 4

The car ride home was mostly silent, so Anne could hear Marcy muttering to herself.

When communicating with the core, which she still believed was a hallucination, she tried her best to respond in her head. Yet despite her best efforts, she sometimes softly spoke instead.

Sasha glanced over at Anne, giving her a look. She heard Marcy too.

"...I'm done. You get silence now." Marcy whispered, so quiet that the two could've missed it.

For the rest of the car ride, they didn't hear Marcy's voice. Just the occasional sigh.

—-----------

Once they were home and got Marcy's suitcase in the house, Anne and Sasha then immediately wanted to check Marcy's side. The raven-haired woman, however, didn't want to. The pair understood why. Because of the possibility of blood.

"It's okay Marce, it'll be so quick, okay?" Sasha clasped Marcy's hands in her own.

After a lot of coaxing, Marcy finally gave in.

Sasha was going to check Marcy's side as Anne distracted her.

Anne sat at the end of the couch, and after she had taken her jacket off, Marcy laid on her stomach. Then, lastly, Sasha sat next to the couch.

"Okay, ready Mars?" Sasha asked.

Marcy seemed uncertain, and Anne took her hands. "It'll be okay, Mar Mar." She gave her a sweet smile, and the other woman gave a nervous one (smile).

"Y-yeah...o-okay.."

Sasha gently rolled up Marcy's hoodie, the fabric damp from blood. The 'patient' squeezed Anne's hands, closing her eyes. Anne squeezed back.

"Not too bad, quite a bit of a scrape though." Sasha reported to Anne, making Marcy whimper. "Seems a bit deep...that would explain the amount of...uh.."

Marcy sniffed. "Hey, hey, hey." Anne tilted her face up. "It's okay! Sasha said it wasn't that bad."

Marcy shivered as Sasha ran a wet rag over it, Sasha appologizing several times when she would flinch.

After that, neosporin and bandages were put on her side, and they were done.

"May bruise and be sore, so be careful, yeah?" Sasha said.

Marcy nodded, her body still tense. "Thanks Sash.."

"I'll put your jacket in the wash, and then maybe you should change out of your hoodie. It- has.."

Marcy sighed, "I know. Give me my jacket first though, my inhaler is still in the pocket."

Marcy slowly sat up, Anne handing her the jacket, Marcy then thanking her, grabbing her suitcase. "Uh- where am I staying again?" Marcy chuckled.

"Oh! Just at the end of the hallway Marce."

"Okay, thanks." Marcy gave them a small smile before heading down the hallway, her suitcase in tow.

She sighed after she closed the door. It was a nice room, gray and white themed.

"Too bright."

'Oh shut it, you don't like any colors."

"That is incorrect! We like orange. And red. Sometimes yellow, I guess more of a yellow-orange...The colors of fire and our eyes!"

Marcy set her suitcase on it's side, unzipping it. She couldn't suppress a chuckle. "Shocker."

She turned around, coming face to face with a mirror, and there was the core staring back at her.