Chapter 1

Marcy rolled over, turning off her alarm as it beeped. Eh, whatever. She could stay in bed for a little longer anyways, it's not like she had a real job. She could probably even work from her bed if she wanted.  

But she forced herself out of bed anyways, rubbing her eyes. She had very noticeable eye-bags, as she had been having frequent nightmares. She sighed, pacing in a circle before deciding what she wanted to do, which was make breakfast. 

Marcy lived in a two-room apartment. The biggest room had her bed, a small kitchen, a small couch, a TV, a coffee table, and lastly a small closet in the corner. There was a door that led to a small balcony, just big enough for a few people to stand on. The other room wasn't nearly as big. It was just a bathroom.

Marcy wasn't really making anything, she just grabbed a granola bar and her coat before heading out the door, to her balcony.

After chewing the granola bar for a moment, she dug into the pocket of her jacket, finding her AirPods. She clicked shuffle on one of her playlists, leaning against the balcony rail. She put the granola wrapper in her pocket as she finished it, grabbing her inhaler. 

She didn't really need it for anything, but she was trying to quit smoking, so she had gone to her doctor for help. The doctor had prescribed a specific amount of nicotine in an inhaler, so she would still get the effects. It was supposed to help her stop smoking. 

Unlike a regular cigarette though, the 'medicine' wasn't inhaled into her lungs when she used it. It instead was absorbed in the back of her mouth, or throat, and the nicotine was sent into her bloodstream. It didn't have any of the harmful chemicals that came with smoking either, so it was kinda a win-win. Her lungs could heal, and could still get that little buzz whenever she wanted. 

It also made the effects of stopping smoking less severe, so she didn't always feel horrible. Then, whenever she needed new cartridges, she would decrease the nicotine a bit, until she didn't need it anymore. She hadn't needed new cartridges yet, as she had just gotten the thing a few days ago, and MAN, IT REALLY GAVE HER THE SAME EFFECTS WITHOUT THE DAMAGE.

It didn't really look like an inhaler either. It looked more like a fat cigarette. She took the mouthpiece, attached it, and put a cartridge in. She exhaled before putting it to her lips, breathing in.

She almost choked when her phone started ringing. 

Still coughing, she picked up her phone, clicking accept, the audio coming through her AirPods. 

"Hello?" She wheezed. 

"Marcy?"  It was Sasha. Marcy hadn't heard her voice in forever. 

"Sasha?" Marcy asked, letting out a few more coughs. 

"Woah, you okay Marce?" 

"Y-yep," She shuddered, taking a long inhale. 

"So, I know we haven't talked in forever, but it's Anne's birthday soon, and I was wondering if you could come down and surprise her," Sasha said, getting right to the point.

Marcy froze, taking another breath of her inhaler. "You want me to come down...and surprise her?"

"Yeah! And I totally get if you don't want to-"

"Nonono, I'd love to!" Marcy forced herself to sound happy. But she was internally panicking. They couldn't see her like this. She wasn't ready.

"Really Mars? That'd be great! I was thinking you could stay for a week at our place, me and Anne got a house and moved in together. You can work on your webcomic anywhere, right?"

"You- congratulations on getting a house!" Marcy said although she felt a pang of jealousy. "And yes, wait, how do you know that I do webcomics?"

Sasha laughed, "Thanks Marbles. And I read it, ya goof. But PLEASE TELL ME IF ALEX IS GONNA BE ALRIGHT."

Marcy snickered, "No spoilers."

"Boooo. Anyways, text me if you are able to find any flights!"

Marcy stuffed her inhaler back in her pocket, "M'kay."

"See ya Marce!"

"See you."

As soon as Marcy hung up, she regretted saying yes. But she had already closed herself off from them once, and texting Sasha and saying she would have to cancel would just make her feel guilty. So she opened Safari, going on Delta Airlines to check for any flights to LA. 

There were several. 

Marcy groaned, clicking on one that was on Tuesday, 3:30 AM. She then paused, realizing that was stupid, because of the different time zones. She clicked out of it, finding another one that was on Sunday, 4:00 PM.  It was Friday, so she had a day or so to pack everything, which wasn't much.

After booking her flight, Marcy got her suitcase out with a sigh, she should start packing now, so she doesn't have to do it all tomorrow. After packing a little, she decided to get the pages of her webcomic done for the next few days. Since she would be spending time with Anne and Sasha, she assumed she wouldn't have much time to work on it. 

Her comic updated every other day, so Marcy had to get started if she wanted to try to get a few extra pages done, so she wouldn't have to do them later.

She cracked her knuckles, and grabbed her iPad and Apple pencil, before sitting on her couch. "Maybe just the line art today..." She paused, setting her pencil down. "But first..." 

"Found a flight," She texted Sasha, "I will be there on Sunday, around 4-5 PM your time." 

"You're amazing Mars! See ya then!" Sasha almost immediately texted back.

Marcy? Amazing? She didn't think so. The raven-haired girl set her phone down.

She sighed, picking her Apple Pencil up again, adjusting her iPad on her lap.

She then quickly got to work.

(AYYY 1st Chapter is doneeeeee! I'm really excited about this one!)