Death brings us closer

Hello There,
This is after Ahsoka 'dies' at the sith temple during rebels and Rex is struggling to cope.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"No!" Was the last words that Ahsoka heard before the with temple she was in was engulfed by a purple ray of light turning into an explosion. All she could feel was guilt as she awoke but she also knew that this had to be done.                    

Ezra and Kanan returned to chopper base, kanan with his eyes wrapped in bandages and Ezra assisting him down the ramp not physically looking injured but was obviously mentally scarred.

Once they made us to the hard ground Hera walked up to kanan and pulled him into a hug, but Ezra just looked up sadly, Ahsoka was gone.

Ezra scanned for Rex until he appeared in between zeb and Sabine, Ezra tried to speak but couldn't get his words out and Rex had seen those facial expressions too many times to know that it didn't mean any good. Rex closed his eyes not wanting to break down in front of everyone and just tilted his head towards the floor.

His eyes remained shut for a few seconds before he turned to walk away towards his quarters, that was until he heard a voice calling after him, a kids voice. "Hey Rex! Wait up!" Ezra shouted after him with a tinge of sadness in his voice, Rex stood still and turned to face the boy who was quickly catching up.

Ezra was now stood about a ft away from Rex with glossy eyes, "Rex, I'm so sorry about Ahsoka, you two were very close weren't you?" Ezra questioned, Rex just looked up to the sky and was in deep thought, the amount of missions he went on with Ahsoka and the amount of hilarious meteorites he has. "Yeah kid, we were very close."

Rex smiled to himself remembering those precious moment with his commander but now they were just mementoes of her. After a few seconds of silence Ezra spoke up again "can you tell me some stories about her? Maybe, if you want to! It's just she never really spoke about the war, all she mentioned was a few names, I can't quite remember them though, fives was one I think"

Rex looked at the young boy in front of him, he didn't dare think about all the carnage that would happen if those two were left alone, but never the less Ezra would've loved him the would've been best friends if it weren't for those damn inhibitor chips, but it was too late to think about that.

"Sure kid, I'll tell you as many stories as you want even some about the 501st if you like, I also think I have a holopad that has so many picture and videos on that you could make a movie" Rex said with a proud smile before adding "come on we can start now if you like."

Ezra practically ran to Rex's quarters not being able to wait to be told these stories, but he paused a few metres away from the room and turned to look at kanan, he and Hera were still face to face barely a few inches apart which put a smile of his face, his whole family was back together.

This part is very very short and I'm sorry!! But I'm slowly running out of ideas and my requests are open so please leave some ideas!!
I really wish we got more Ezra and Rex bonding time telling each other stories and stuff but fan fic will have to do haha