9

*previous chapter*

"I know this must be hard for you." " What, this part right here?" Maria says." No, no. Know what's hard? Losing my best friend, in a mission so secret they act like it never even happened. Hard... is knowing you were out there somewhere, too damn stubborn to die. And now you come up in here after 6 years... with your super-charged fire-hands and you expect me to call you... I don't even know what... 'Vers'" Maria asks. "What do you call her Ms. Romanoff?" She asks while looking at me. " I call her Vers, miss." I say. "Is that really who you are now?" "I don't know." Vers replies. "Come look." Monica says while she walks in.

Thalia's POV

Monica puts the box she was carrying on the dining table, I walk besides Fury who is walking behind Monica while Vers walks into the room and goes standing behind Monica. "This is me and you on Halloween" Monica explains to Vers while showing her the picture. " I'm Amelia Earhart and you're Janis Joplin. Oh, this is you when you were little, you didn't get along with your parents so Mom said we became your real family." Monica shows Vers another photo." This is us on Christmas. I got more... . Here's another picture of when you were little. And this is how you right after you graduated..." Monica explained all the pictures she was showing to Vers. "Oh wait, I forgot your jacket. Mom doesn't let me wear it anymore after I spilled ketchup on it." Monica says before she runs off to get the jacket.

" Lia, come look." Vers says. I walk towards her and stands beside her while she keeps looking through the picture. Suddenly she grabs something, which looks like a burned dog tag, and shows it to me. " That was all that survived the crash. Or so we thought." Maria speaks up looking at the dog tag Vers was holding in her hands. Before any of us could say something there was a knock on the door. While Maria moves forwards to open the door, Vers and I looked at each other before I saying " Don't answer that." "It's just my neighbor." Maria says.
" No, Thalia is right. They can change into anyone." Vers and I walk towards the door, when Vers answers the door I stand behind it with my hand on my gun in case of he decided to do something." Hi there" a man says. " What do you want?" Vers asks. " Umm." The man says, awkwardness hearable in his voice. "Hey Tom. This is my friend Carol." Maria introduced Carol to the man names Tom. " Please to meet you" Tom says while shaking Vers hand." Yow! Static electricity out here's no joke. I noted that peculiar bird you got parked by the road, and I was just wondering if you'd mind if I bring the boys over to get a closer looksie? " A closer looksie?" Vers questions suspicious. " Yeah." " To see the bird parked out by the road. You're really working overtime to sell this one, aren't you Talos?" Vers asks. " I'm sorry. Tom, this isn't really a good time. I'll come by tomorrow? Okay?" Monica says. " Uhh..." " Okay." Maria says while he closes the door. When the door close Vers looks at me "Good to know you were ready to protect me" She say with a smirk on her face.

"You know, you should be kinder to your neighbors. You never know when you're gonna need to borrow some sugar" Talos announce his presence. I turn around and point my gun at him. Fury copying my actions and Vers hands lights up, meanwhile Maria is standing there confused. Talos takes a sip of the drink he is holding while Vers is walking towards him. "Now hang on a second, before you go swinging those jazz hands around, making a mess in your friend's house – and... it's a lovely home." Talos says. " Oh my God. What the hell?!" Maria says while staring out the window were somebody who looks like Maria is playing with Monica. " "No one's gonna hurt the girl. Just, don't kill me. That would really complicate the situation." Talos says. "I'm about five seconds from complicating that wall with some ugly-ass Skrull brains." I reply. "I'm sorry I simmed your boss. But now I stand before you as my true self. Without deception." Talos says while looking between Fury and I, Fury had lowered his gun a little but I was still pointing it at him. "And who is that, out there?" Vers asks. "Okay, that's a fair point. But I'm sure that you understand, I had to take some precautions. I saw you crush 20 of my best men with your hands bound. I just wanna talk." "Last time we talked, I ended up hanging from my ankles." Vers says. "That was before I knew who you were. Before I found what made you different from the others. I have an audio recording from Pegasus, of your voice, from a plane crash six years ago. On a device I believe you call a 'black box'." Talos explains. " They told me it was destroyed in the crash. How'd you get it?" Maria asks. "Does she not understand?" Talos questions " Young lady I have a special skill that kinda allows me to get into places I'm not supposed to be." "Call me young lady again, and I'm gonna put my foot in a place it's not supposed to be." Maria says with authority. "Am I supposed to guess where that is?" Thalos asks. "Your ass." The four of us reply on the same time. 

" Okay, I get it. We're all a little on edge here. But look, I just need your help decoding some coordinates. If you sit down, you listen to this, I assure you, it'll be worth your while." Talos says. "Call your buddy back inside and I'll listen." Vers replies. "Deal." Goose walks in and goes towards Talos. Talos jumps in surprise backwards. "Oh my God! Get that thing away! How'd that get in here?" Talos panicks. Vers walks forwards and picks up Goose and holds him towards Talos, in response Talos walks backwards. " The cat?" Vers questions "This isn't what you're afraid of, is it?" She continues. "That's not a cat. That's a Flerken." Talos explains with a horrified look on his face. "A Flerken?" Fury laughs. I see Monica walking into the house " Mom?" she questions while she looks back to *her mother* who is back to his normal form.

________________________________________________________________________________