Maria Rambeau

Published: 31-12-2022

edited: 8-5-2024

Thalias POV

Vers and Fury are running behind me while we are running towards the plane. I'm the first one that arrives by the plane but before I enter it I look back to see agent running towards us. I draw my weapon but I'm quickly interrupted by Fury "Thalia, stand down and let's go!" I put my weapon back in its holster and run in the direction of the last open chair which is next to Vers, she's sitting in the pilot chair while Fury is sitting bi-behind her.

"Do you know how to fly this thing? Otherwise I'll let Thalia fly." Fury asks while looking directly to Vers . "Uh... we'll see." Vers says while she keeps pushing random buttons. "That's a yes or no question, V" I say frustrated. " V? Is that the nickname you choose for me?" Vers says while she keeps pushing some buttons to start the plane. "Well, it's the best that I could come up with at the moment." " Do you know how to fly the plane or not Vers?" Fury speaks up." Yes." She answers while the plane begins to fly away. "That's what I'm talking about!"

While the plane is in the air we hear a meowing sound in the back of the plane. I turn my head around to see Goose pushing against a crate. "We've got a stowaway guys." I announce. Vers and Fury decide to look as well. "Hang on Goose." The plane stops gaining altitude and Goose walks over to Vers and tries to climb into her lap. "Not now Goose, Lia can you pick him up please?" Vers ask. I pick him up and give him to Fury.

"Who's a good kitty huh? Huh Goose? Yes, that's right. You're a good kitty." Fury says to Goose while I reach out to grab the picture that Vers showed me, I see Vers looking at me so I decide to pass the picture to Fury. "See anyone you know?" Vers asks. " Funny story... I arrived on Hala, near dead, no memory... That was six years ago." Vers starts talking to break the silence. "So you think you're the pilot that went down with Dr Lawson?" Fury asks. "I'm saying that the last person to see them alive can probably tell us." Vers replies. "Maria Rambeau." I respond. "Mmhmm so, how do we get to Louisiana?" Vers asks us. "Due East. Hang a right at Memphis." I say while looking back at Fury to see him petting Goose. "That agent, that stopped the Skrulls from fighting us." "Coulson. Started working for S.H.I.E.L.D. a little before Thalia did and helped her when she joined us. Guess he doesn't hate me yet." Fury responds. "Yeah well, give him time." Vers says with a small smile on her face.

"I guess he had a feeling, went with his gut against orders. It's a really hard thing to do. That's what keeps us human." I say. "I get in trouble for that. A lot." "I see that about you. You and Thalia are not so different." Fury says. "Can we stop bringing me into conversations when it's not needed?" I asks him. "Rescuing the guy how sold you out to the Skrulls. I guess that's not standard Kree operating procedure." Fury says deciding to ignore me. "Well, I won't tell your boss if you don't tell mine."