Chapter 2: First Bounty Together

You were sitting on your couch when Miss Valentine walked through the door with several shopping bags in both her hands.

Faye: "How are you doing?"

"I can't believe you just went shopping."

Faye: "What's wrong with that?"

"Need I remind you that you basically gambled away most of our Woolongs?" you angrily reminded her.

Faye: (scoff) "Big deal. You need to get a grip."

You groaned angrily and turned on the TV.

During the show, the hosts reported that there was a notorious fraud who scams investors out of their hard-earned Woolongs.

Judy: "And remember..."

Punch: "...the bounty must be turned in alive, or else you will not be getting ANY reward!"

You turned off the TV and realized that this bounty is worth enough for Faye to stop spend your hard-earned bounty. After this, you and Faye arrived on the planet where the bounty was sighted, and began to search in the city.

Faye: "I'll search for clues myself."

She walked off.

"Guess I'm gonna do all the work for this one," you thought to yourself.

Following this, you overheard someone arguing to what appeared to be a businessman. Curious, you walked over to the shouting.

Complainer: "Look, I haven't received any of the profits you promised!"

Businessman: "Things are getting a bit tricky right now, but don't worry. I promise to get them and you'll get your side of the profits."

Complainer: "I better."

Once the complainer left, you followed the businessman back to his hideout. There, you discovered that many other victims invested in the phony business but never received any of their share of the profits back. You used your helmet to scan the man, and it confirmed that the businessman is indeed the scammer.

"Dear diary: Jackpot!" you thought to yourself as you continued to follow him.

You followed him right to a restaurant, where Faye was seated at a table.

"What's taking him so long?" Faye wondered to herself as the bounty approached her.

Businessman: "What are you doing here, lady?"

Faye: "I have nowhere else to be."

Businessman: "Mind if I take you to a fancier place?"

Faye: "I accept your offer."

You witnessed the businessman taking Faye into an alleyway. Once he pulled out his gun and aimed it at Faye, you struck him in the back of his neck before he had a chance to fire a bullet.

Faye: "So the---"

"Yeah, this dude was the bounty ALL ALONG," you said with emphasis on the last part. "And you were almost KILLED."

You turned in the crook to the police and received your reward. After this, you went back to your ship, where it was quiet for a while.

"Okay, how much money do you owe?"

Faye: "I still need 40 million Woolongs to pay of my debts."

"Damn, girl!" you shouted. "I didn't realize you were THAT deep in the red!"

Faye: "That's why I need the Woolongs."

"Well, okay," you said quietly. "Sorry for asking."

You piloted the ship to the solar system.

Faye: "Where are we going now?"

"Wherever our next bounty is," you said in response.