"You are doing so well," I whisper as I move my arm closer so he can use it as leverage.

His grip over my arm grows tight and when he reaches halfway through I put my free hand over his waist to help him keep balance. All it takes is one last push for him to reach his full height. And I knew he was tall but I had forgotten how much as I was used to seeing him sitting down. I stand directly at his shoulders, suddenly feeling small even if I'm 5'7.

Looking up to meet his eyes I find him already looking at me but this time they don't show vulnerability, now he is smiling, proudly. And I have to admit that watching him from here it's very different.

His gaze makes every part of my body tingle, it's like a chain reaction. I'm suddenly aware of every little thing, how his strong fingers dig into my arm, how his masculine woody scent masks any other possible smell inside the room and how his simple presence makes everything else feel tiny and insignificant. I can't even think, my mind is clouded.

"You did it." It's all I manage to say as I smile even bigger than he is.

As a nurse, there's nothing more rewarding than seeing your patient get better especially after such a traumatic incident. Especially if it's him.

"I did it." He whispers, still looking down at me with the most beautiful of smiles.

I feel like I'm melting and with my hand still around his waist I fight not to throw myself at him and hug him.

And I can't tell what he is thinking but for the whole time we stand there he doesn't let go or stops looking at me. We just stay in silence, staring at each other. The air so thick that I think I wouldn't be able to breathe even if I tried to.

"Let me get you the crutches." My voice breaks the spell and his gaze moves down to his legs.

"Yeah, good idea." His voice is calm and controlled, maybe too calm.

"Here, elbows almost on there and hand on here. Move the crutches first and then the leg, let them work with you so they can ease the weight of your leg." I help him put the crutches in place while still holding him.

"Okay, I think I got it." He nods and I move to the side.

Slowly and after making sure he has control he gives his first 'step'. It's small but confident and he doesn't hobble around as much as I expected.

"Good, one more." I move with him making sure that if he falls I'm able to catch him.

He keeps going, each 'step' bigger and faster than the last one and eventually seeing he doesn't really need me I step away to give him more room.

"You are good at it." I smile, watching him carefully.

"Does it surprise you? I'm good at everything." He stops and looks at me with a smirk.

He is joking and when he jokes it means that he is feeling well, a thing that makes me happier than it should.

"Not at cooking," I add with a little smirk.

"I will be after you teach me, you will see." He starts to move again but this time he moves in my direction.

I freeze on the spot not sure of what to do as he keeps getting closer and closer. Pretty fast too, he doesn't even hobble anymore, he practically mastered the crutches in five minutes.

"What are you doing?" I give one step backwards and that's when I notice that I had already -unconsciously - retreated because I'm met with the wall.

"Getting closer." He simply states. This is why he was this calm.