11

"Elissa, are you sleep?" I heard Caroline ask.

"No." I whispered back to her, since I left the prison world I haven't been to sleep, I don't know if it was because I was used sleeping with Kai or what.

"I made a mistake." She told me.

"What do you mean?"  I asked her.

"The vampire blood."

                                        __

THE NEXT DAY

Caroline and I were in the living room with, the man she gave her blood to, Colin. Stefan just walked in, "Hey."

"Hey. My moms still sleeping. Don't wake her up." Caroline whispered.

"What happened?" Stefan asked.

"I don't know. H-he was fine when we left him at Duke, remember? He was running around and pain-free and scarfing down all that disgusting vending machine food." Caroline said.

"Yeah? Well, clearly, he's not fine now. Wait. I thought you compelled him to forget everything after you fed him your blood. How did he find you?" Stefan questioned her.

"I don't know."

"Hey, guys, maybe he ended up dying. He had vampire blood in his system, the only way he can remember what you compelled him to forget is if he was in transition. Or already a vampire."

"What if you're right. What if this blood isn't even his? Is there any chance that your mom signed the house over to one of you? Mainly you, Caroline?" Stefan asked, I assumed he was talking to care, because I was basically dead.

"I don't know. Maybe." Caroline answered him, "She's been running around like crazy, saying she needs to get her ducks in a row or.."

Stefan walked over to the curtain, letting it back. The man's skin burned a little, "He's a vampire, which means after you fed him your blood.."

"He died."

"That's basically what I just said." I mumbled.

                                        __

THE HOSPITAL

My mom, Caroline, and I walked into the room where Jo, Stefan, Damon, and Elena were in, "Hey. No offense but can someone tell me why I was called down here to listen to the story of Colin the cancer vamp."

"Because Caroline fed me her blood last night, so the same things is gonna happen to me." My mom told Damon.

                                      __

Jo, Damon, and I were standing outside of my moms hospital room.

"Medically speaking, this is our best option. If vampire blood is the issue, then a full transfusion of human blood might stabilize her condition." Jo told us.

"Please sound less confident, doc."

"Look. We are in uncharted territory here, but this isn't just a medical problem, Damon. It's a magical one." She whispered.

"Well, then you're uniquely qualified— witch doctor and all." Damon smiled at her, he cared for my mom a lot, out of everyone here, besides care and I, he understands the most.

"Now you believe in my magic. Gee, thanks. Unfortunately, this goes beyond any witch ability I've ever heard of, but please if you have a better plan, I'm all ears." Jo said to him.

"What about, Alora? She's powerful." I suggested, she was Klaus's wife, she came back from the dead. She is super nice, well to me at least.

                                   __