Kai texted me, telling me that he had Elena, and Damon saw the text. Now, Liv, Damon, and I were at the school on the way to save Elena.

"To think a day almost went by where I wasn't roped into saving one of your friends." Liv said.

"What she said, also, I'm so annoyed of the "save Elena" thing."

"Cry me a river. Just do the stupid cloaking spell. So I can go grab Elena." Damon told her, "And you can go back to wrecking my mansion."

"I thought I was getting her." I raised my hand.

"I changed the plan, you would probably let him kill her." Damon wasn't wrong, but he wasn't right either.

"Fine."

"Elissa, remember the plan?" Damon asked me.

"Yes, I am supposed to go into the school and distract Kai." I said, not remembering the plan, I assume he wanted me to go do that.

I walked into the school, following the voices. I walked into the cafeteria and Kai was there with Elena.

"Elissa, help me!" Elena yelled.

"I was told not to." I told her, I always do as I am told.

"Elissa." Kai walked over to me.

"Hi, Kai. Must you insist on hurting people my sister cares about?" I asked him, with a fake frown on my face.

"I'm testing my magic." He informed me, "For the merge."

"Everything happens in this school." I laughed, "Elena, remember when Klaus and Rebekah came here, I think it was— senior prank night. And Klaus killed Tyler so you guys could find out why his hybrids were dying?"

"...Not the time? Okay." I looked down, "I am here to save Elena. So let me just."

"Elissa." Kai held my hand, "I don't want to hurt you, but if you touch her I will."

"Kai, if you kill her they will blame me, and with me helping you get out, I don't think that will sit well with them." I told him.

"Come with me." He took my hand walking out of the cafeteria.

Before we walked out I threw Elena a note, I don't know if she got it though.

We walked around, until he decided to throw away his can, "You told me you wanted her dead."

"Oh, I did— I do. But in the prison world it was easier to imagine her death, than it is in reality." I explained to him, a lot of people care about her, "They care about her more than me and I'm the youngest."

"I care about you." Kai whispered in my ear. I could tell that he was serious. His hand brushed my cheek before he kissed me. There was a brief silence before he decided to speak again, "..You're up to something."

"What?" His kiss threw me off for a second, "Wait, no I'm not."

"They took Elena, am I right?" Kai asked me.

"I don— I don't know what you're talking about." I looked off, my heart was beating fast, I didn't want to lie to him but I didn't want my friends to hate me.