"Rule number four, don't fly too near the ceiling. Rule number five..." you trailed off, thinking about what else you could tell them not to do that's too dangerous for them. But you couldn't think of anything else anymore so you just settled with that reminder.

"Always be careful."

"Did you two remember that?" Hawks suddenly said and you were almost startled when you heard him way too close to your ear, you didn't even feel him standing there until he spoke.

"Yes!" the twins said in unison.

"But mama," Keita asked and you looked at him. "What will happen if we break the rules?"

"Do you know what happens to villains who break the laws?" you asked back and the twins tilted their heads before Keishi's face lit up.

"Oh! Pro Heroes beat them up!" Keishi answered, full of enthusiasm as he looked at Hawks. "Right, papa?!"

You slowly looked at Hawks, your eyes held a dangerous glare. "What have you been teaching the kids up until now?"

"So does that mean..." Keita started, and his expression turned into worry as his eyebrows furrowed. "Papa will beat us up?"

"What? No!" you quickly said, looking back at the twins. "No, that's not what I meant. When villains break the laws, they are put into jails. They get locked up for days, weeks, months or even years. But you're children so we can't do that. So if you break the house rules, you get locked up in your rooms for hours. And you're not allowed to play or fly around."

Keishi gasped a little too dramatically. It seems to you that he finds Pro Heroes beating up villains who break the laws more exciting than them locking the villains up in jails.

"Do you two understand?" you asked and the twins nodded. "Alright, you can go play outside while I clean the living room."

Before the twins could run along you called them again. "Another rule. Don't fly outside without me or your dad looking after you both."

"Got it, mama!" the twins said before they finally ran out the door.

You let out a heavy sigh as you brushed your hair back and walked to the couch where you sat down, leaning back and placing your head on the headrest with your eyes closed for a few seconds until you felt the side of the couch dipped down, indicating that Hawks had sat down beside you.

Before you could open your eyes, you felt Hawks' hands on your shoulders and he gently placed your head on his lap so when you finally did open your eyes, you saw him looking down at you.

"It must be exhausting for you to take care of two kids," he said, his voice soothingly calm as was his smile.

"Three," you corrected and Hawks seemed confused for a second before you lifted your hand and flicked his forehead, pointing out that he is the third child.

"Y/n," he said, taking your hand and holding it as he lowered it down and didn't let go. "They'd be in school starting next week, so don't be too strict on them. Let them have fun."

"Wait, you're right." You almost forgot that next week the twins will finally be in first grade. That means they'd be in school for almost seven hours for five days a week. And you'd mostly be left home alone since Hawks was back doing his Pro Hero duties. "But they still need to follow the house rules."

"And you need rest," Hawks said, his thumb rubbing circles on your knuckle before he leaned down and pressed his forehead on yours and he stayed like that for at least a few seconds.

"What was that for?" you asked when he leaned back.

"Sharing my energy with you. Do you still feel exhausted?"

You shook your head and you were about to sit up when Hawks stopped you. He put a pillow at the back of your head before he stood up.

"You just stay there. I'll clean up the living room."

When you closed your eyes again you let the exhaustion wash away as slumber took you in.

A week later the twins were officially first graders. You woke up earlier than you normally do, even before when you were living on your own, just to prepare the twins' bento boxes. Lunch is part of their tuition but you thought making them lunches on their first day of school would be better.

When the twins woke up and they saw the bento boxes, they quickly gave you the warmest hug you ever received from a child.

"Thank you mama!" Keishi said.

"Mama's the best!" Keita said afterwards.

"What about papa?" Hawks asked when he walked inside the kitchen and the twins let go of you as they climbed up their chairs.

"Oh, papa's the second best," Keita said as Keishi nodded in agreement.

"Just the second best?" Hawks asked again, putting his hand on his heart as if he was emotionally hurt.

"Papa was the best before mama came," Keishi said. "Now mama's the best."

Soon after breakfast, the twins left after giving you and Hawks a kiss on the cheek. The school also offers a bus ride to school so you or Hawks don't have to take them to school every day.

Once the kids left, the whole house seemingly felt empty.

Until you looked at Hawks.

"Why are you still here?" you asked.

"What?" he asked back, blinking his eyes.

You noticed that he's still wearing his casual clothes and not his hero costume.

"You're not leaving?"

"Nope," he said, moving closer and you instinctively moved back for some reason. "Oh, did I forget to tell you? I'm not going on patrol for a few days."

"Why?" you asked.

"Priorities," he said with a shrug.

"Aren't the citizens supposed to be your priority as a Pro Hero?"

You didn't notice he had taken a step and closed the gap between you two. You also failed to notice that you had nowhere else to go as your back hit the edge of the kitchen island and he had put both his arms on either side of you.

"And have I not made it clear that you're my priority as a husband?"

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃